With only 3 simple ingredients, this rich Nutella Mug Cake is a quick sweet treat to make when you only have a couple of minutes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. However this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links full disclosure policy here.
When you don't have time to make an entire Nutella cake, but you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this Nutella mug cake recipe is for you! It's like having a chocolate cake right in your hand without all the mess and stress of making an entire cake! Next time that chocolate craving hits, make this easy dessert recipe!
This 3 ingredient Nutella mug cake is the perfect dessert for one, but you can enjoy a pancake in a mug for breakfast too!
Ingredients You'll Need
You only need a few basic ingredients for this single-serve cake!
- 1 large egg.
- All purpose flour. Almond flour can be used as well to make this a flourless cake recipe and gluten free.
What is Nutella?
Nutella is a very popular spread that originated in Italy. It is full of ground hazelnuts and cocoa powder. My kids love having Nutella on toast or on apples, but it has become a popular spread in the past few years.
How To Make Nutella Mug Cake
In a large mug, crack the egg. Mix the egg well until it is full scrambled.
Add the plain flour and the Nutella. Mix well until it forms a cake batter. Place the mug in the microwave and set the cook time to 1 minute. Enjoy!
Lynn's Tip! All microwave ovens are a little different, so stay close. If the mug is too small there might be overflow, so make sure to use a larger mug that is a microwave-safe mug.
How To Serve Nutella Mug Cake
- With homemade whipped cream.
- Topped with more Nutella!
- Topped with your favorite chocolate syrup or hot fudge.
- With a scoop of ice cream and sprinkled with cocoa powder. Vanilla ice cream would be so delicious!
- Topped with a few chocolate chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
No! When you mix the egg and add some air into the egg, it will make this easy mug cake rise so its the perfect cake texture. To make this decadent cake even lighter, use self-rising flour instead of all purpose flour.
Yes! Double the recipe and mix the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Pour the cake batter into mugs and microwave for 1 minute, checking after 1 minute for doneness.
Yes! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Make sure your mugs or ramakins are oven safe. Place the mugs into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
More Favorite Nutella Recipes
- Nutella Waffles
- Easy Nutella Pancakes
- Thumbprint Cookies with Nutella
- Nutella Zucchini Bread
- Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Rich Nutella Mug Cake (Only 3 Ingredients)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Nutella
- Crack the egg into a microwave safe mug. Mix well.
- Add the flour and Nutella and mix until the ingredients resemble cake batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy!
- Make sure the mug is microwave safe. The cake will rise, so make sure it is big enough for the batter to double in size.
- Serve this Nutella mug cake with whipped cream, chocolate chips, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.