When you're short on time and need a quick breakfast, this Pancake in a Mug recipe is the perfect solution! In a matter of minutes, you'll have a delicious breakfast when you're in a time crunch or on lazy weekend mornings!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. however this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links full disclosure policy here.
Everyone loves a light and fluffy pancake in the morning, but sometimes on busy mornings we don't have the time to make a full batch of pancakes. And if you aren't a morning person, there's no way a batch of pancakes is getting made! When that happens, use your microwave and make mug pancakes!
And this mug cake isn't just for breakfast! Have some late night cravings? This is the perfect recipe to quickly make to satisfy your sweet tooth!
This microwave pancake recipe comes together in a few minutes and is so satisfying! If you do have a few extra minutes though, make a batch of pancakes with self-rising flour, mango pancakes, or sourdough pancakes!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's unbelievable fluffy! You won't believe how melt in your mouth delicious this pancake comes out!
- It is ready in a matter of minutes! When you don't have a lot of time, this is the recipe to make! It will only cook for 1 minute and takes about 1 minute to mix together. You can't beat a breakfast that is that fast!
- It's versatile! Use this recipe as a base recipe like you would plain pancakes. You can add lots of different ingredients to make this pancake recipe even more delicious!
Ingredients To Gather
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder. This will give the pancake that light, fluffy texture.
- Sugar. Honey or maple syrup can be used instead.
- Milk. Whole milk, almond milk, or your favorite non-dairy milk can be used.
- Butter. Coconut oil or vegetable oil can be used.
Equipment To Make Pancake in a Mug
What Mug Should I Use?
It's really important to make sure your mug is a microwave-safe mug before you make this pancake recipe. If it is not microwave safe, it could cause a lot of damage to your microwave and possibly your house!
A lot of mugs have "microwave safe" on the bottom of it. If you are not sure if the mug is microwave safe, then don't use it. It's best not to chance it and it's better to look for a mug that is microwave safe.
How To Make A Pancake In A Mug
Grab your large mug that you would like to use. Next, we will microwave butter in the mug. Place the mug in the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds.
When the butter is melted, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and milk.
Mix all the liquid ingredients and dry ingredients together until they are well combined and looks like pancake batter.
Place the mug in the microwave and set the cooking time to 1 minute on full power. Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you might need a few more seconds. Serve with maple syrup and butter and enjoy!
Pro Tip! Be very careful when you take the mug out of the microwave as the handle will be very hot!
- Add some protein! Use a scoop of your favorite protein powder to the pancake batter.
- Use whole wheat flour! This will add more whole grains to your pancake so you will need to increase the amount of milk to 4 tablespoons.
- Add chocolate chips! Because chocolate makes everything better! Add a handful of chocolate chips to the pancake batter.
- Add blueberries! Add a tablespoon of fresh blueberries and some lemon zest to brighten the flavor and it will make a kind of blueberry muffin in a mug!
- Add peanut butter! For a little bump of flavor!
- Add some spices! A dash of cinnamon or a dash of pumpkin pie spice would be a great Fall breakfast.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to make this pancake ahead of time, the best way to do it would be to mix the dry ingredients in a container the night before. In the morning, spoon pancake mix into a coffee mug, add the milk to the dry ingredients and then microwave it. That will save you a little bit of time in the morning.
Yes! Mix ⅓ cup pancake mix to a mug, whichever is your favorite kind. Ours is Kodiak cakes mix, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix well and microwave for 1 minute.
My favorite way to eat this breakfast is with good quality maple syrup, fresh fruit, and a little bit of butter. If you have a favorite fruit simple syrup, use that! You can also top this pancake with chocolate chips or whipped cream! The possibilities are endless!
Take a knife and insert it into the center of the mug. If the back of a knife is clean, the pancake is done! If there is some batter left on the knife, add a few more seconds to your microwave.
Other Recipes To Try!
Did you love this Pancake in a Mug Recipe? If you did, don't forget to tag me on social media on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
1 Minute Pancake in a Mug
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Milk
- Add the butter to a microwave-safe mug and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- When the butter is melted, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined and looks like pancake batter.
- Place the mug in the microwave and set the cooking time to 1 minute. Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you might need a few more seconds. Serve with maple syrup and butter and enjoy!
- Be very careful when removing the mug from the microwave as it will be very hot.
- Add chocolate chips, blueberries, a dash of cinnamon, or your favorite pancake add ins!