Indulge in the delightful tanginess of these 3-Ingredient Lemon Crinkle Cookies! Each bite of these delicious cookies is a burst of refreshing citrus that awakens your taste buds and leaves you craving for more!
It doesn't get easier to make than these lemon cake mix cookies! When you need a quick sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, these cookies are the way to go!
There are only a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand, plus some fresh lemon juice as an optional ingredient. These 3 Ingredient Apple Muffins are made with only a few ingredients and made with cake mix too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's easy to make! This simple recipe only has a few simple ingredients, but they taste like you've been in the kitchen for hours making these easy lemon cookies!
- No big kitchen equipment is needed! If you would like, you can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to mix these cookies, but I mixed them by hand and they came together in no time at all.
- They are full of fresh flavor! Even though we are using a box of cake mix, the fresh lemon flavor of these tart lemon cookies can't be beat! Just like cheesecake lemon bars and 2 ingredient lemon bars, I love all things lemon!
Cookie Ingredients To Gather
- Box of Lemon Cake Mix. You can easily find lemon cake mix right in your local grocery store in the baking aisle.
- Melted Butter. Vegetable oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil will work great in this recipe too.
- Large eggs. The eggs will hold the cookies together.
- Fresh Lemons. This is an optional ingredient. The lemon zest and lemon juice adds a bit more lemon flavor and some more tartness to these cookies.
- Powdered sugar. To roll the cookies in to get a nice crinkle on them.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Lemon Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set that aside.
Lynn's Tip! The dough will be pretty wet, but that's ok! It makes a really chewy lemon cookie! When you are rolling the dough in the powdered sugar, roll it well and the dough ball will come together better. If you feel that the dough is still to loose, add 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour to the mixture.
- Make a lemon glaze! Mix together from fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar and drizzle it over the top of the cookies.
- Add chocolate chips! White chocolate chips would be a delicious addition to the batter and give the cookies some texture too.
- Don't roll them in powdered sugar. If you really want these to be a 3-ingredient cookie, feel free to not roll them in powdered sugar. They will be full of lemon flavor and just as delicious!
Once the cookies have cooled to room temperature, place them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can also make the batter ahead of time. Mix the dough completely in a large mixing bowl and then cover it with plastic wrap. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake the cookies, scoop out the dough and bake them on an ungreased cookies sheet.
If you cannot find lemon cake mix in the grocery store, you can use white cake mix or yellow cake mix, but you will need to add lemon extract, lemon zest, or a lot of fresh lemon juice. Also, add ¼ cup of all purpose flour to the mixture so the cookies are not too soft.
There are lots of recipes for lemon cool whip cookies out there, but I prefer to not use cool whip in my recipes. I'm sure they are delicious and they are very popular!
Yes! Once these cookies are cooled to room temperature, you can place them in a freezer safe bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. When you are ready to defrost them, place them on the counter and let them come to room temperature before serving.
More Cake Mix Recipes
3 Ingredient Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Melted Butter
- 2 Egg
- 1 Lemon OPTIONAL
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar OPTIONAL
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the dry cake mix, egg, melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice (if using). Mix well to combine.
- To make these crinkle cookies, with a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and roll it in the powdered sugar. Place the cookie dough ball on the cookie sheet and continue with the rest of the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until just slightly golden brown. Let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
- The dough will be pretty wet, but that's ok! It makes a really chewy lemon cookie! When you are rolling the dough in the powdered sugar, roll it well and the dough ball will come together better. If you feel that the dough is still to loose, add 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour to the mixture.
- Vegetable oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil can be using instead of melted butter if you prefer.