Full of chocolate chips and rolled in sweet powdered sugar, these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cake Mix are a must make!
In my opinion, these cake mix crinkle cookies are the perfect cookie! Full of chocolate chips and rolling in powdered sugar, does it get anymore perfect than that?
I guess it can, because these easy cookies are made with only 5 ingredients! They are perfect to make in a pinch when you don't want to use a ton of ingredients in a recipe. This easy recipe is perfect to add to your holiday cookie tins too!
If you love this delicious cookie recipe, make sure you check out these sourdough chocolate chip cookies, peppermint bark blondies, and cinnamon pinwheel!
Ingredients You'll Need
You only need a few simple ingredients for these chewy cookies!
- Box of cake mix. Devil's food cake mix is best in this recipe, but your favorite chocolate cake mix will work.
- Vegetable oil. Melted butter, avocado oil, or coconut oil will work too.
- Eggs. To keep the cookies together.
- Vanilla extract. To bring out the flavor of the chocolate.
- Mini chocolate chips. Regular sized chocolate chips will work in this recipe too.
- Powdered sugar. To roll the dough balls in and get that classic crinkle cookie look.
Equipment to Gather
- Large bowl. Big enough to make a batch of cake batter. Don't use a small bowl or a medium bowl or you might have cake mix all over your kitchen.
- Electric Mixer. A hand mixer or a stand mixer will work.
- Large Cookie Scoop
- Baking Sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Wire Rack
Let's Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cake Mix!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add a place of parchment paper to a baking sheet. Set that aside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once baked, keep the cookies in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for 4-5 days.
Yes! Place the baked, room temperature cookies in a freezer bag, such as a Ziploc bag. They can stay frozen 3-4 months. When you are ready to use them, allow them to defrost on the counter and serve!
Yes! You can make vanilla crinkle cookies with yellow cake mix, or lemon cookies with lemon cake mix. All you would need to change is the type of cake mix. Red velvet cake mix cookies would make delicious red velvet crinkles cookies.
Yes! You can make the dough completely and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. The next day, roll balls in the powdered sugar and bake them as you would.
More Recipes with Cake Mix!
- Pumpkin Bread with Cake Mix
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Apple Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Blueberry Muffins with Cake Mix
- Brownies with Cake Mix
- Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Cake Mix
Did you love this recipe? If you did, please leave a 5 ⭐️ rating below! Follow along on Instagram and Facebook!
Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cake Mix
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil Or a neutral oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add a place of parchment paper to a baking sheet. Set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and mini chocolate chips.
- Combine all the ingredients well until a stiff dough forms. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, add the powdered icing sugar to a shallow bowl. With a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place it in the bowl with the powdered sugar. Roll the ball of dough in the powdered sugar and place the cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies have a nice golden brown cookie bottom.
- Cool the cookies in a cooling rack.
- The cookies are done when they spread just a little and are golden brown on the bottom.
- These cookies are perfect for holiday cookie tins and will keep from 4-5 days after they are baked.
Leave a Reply