If you need some ideas to serve with waffles for breakfast or dinner, look no further than these 40+ ideas for what to eat with waffles! Whether you are enjoying savory waffles or sweet waffles, there's something for everyone in this amazing list!
Are you team pancake or team waffle? For the most part, waffles are some of my favorite breakfast foods! I am team waffles! There is nothing better than a delicious plain waffle topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup! Waffles are great for a special occasion, for a slow Saturday morning, or on busy weekday mornings.
There are so many different ways to make fluffy waffles. Check out some of the recipes below for lots of different recipes. Add your favorite toppings or use your waffles as a sweet treat after a long day!
How To Make Homemade Waffles
Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
In a large bowl or a liquid measuring cup, mix together the melted butter, milk, and egg until fully combined. Add the sugar and mix again.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and nutmeg. Mix the dry ingredients until fully combined.
Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. It's ok if there are a few lumps left in the batter, you do not want to overmix.
Spray the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray or spread on melted butter. Scoop the waffle batter into the waffle maker. Cook based on your waffle maker instructions. Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, and butter.
What Can I Add to Waffle Batter?
Not only can you add a delicious sweet topping to your waffles, but you can also add delicious ingredients to your waffle batter! Here are some ideas!
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Cocoa Powder
Different Kinds of Waffles
There are so many different ways to enjoy waffles. Here are a few of my favorite waffle recipes!
- Waffles with Self Rising Flour
- Nutella Waffles
- Pumpkin Waffles with Pancake Mix
- Sourdough Waffles
- Sourdough Pumpkin Waffles
- Apple Cinnamon Waffles
- Eggnog Waffles
What Are The Best Waffle Toppings?
- Maple syrup and butter.
- For a little extra sweetness, add jam to the top of your waffles.
- Your favorite fruit. Fresh berries, slices apples, sliced bananas, or diced peaches are delicious with waffles!
- Add your favorite savory toppings! Add a fried egg and hollandaise sauce for a waffle benedict style breakfast. Fried chicken or grilled chicken breast can also be water with waffles for delicious meals.
- With ice cream! Waffles aren't just for breakfast, you can eat them for dessert too! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and top it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Waffles are perfect for freezing! Let them cool to room temperature and then wrap them in plastic wrap. Place them in a Ziploc bag and freeze the waffles for up to 3 months. To heat them up, place them in the toaster oven and heat for 2-3 minutes.
Unlike a classic waffle, a Belgian waffle has yeast in it, while a regular waffle has baking powder or baking soda.
Yes! You can use your favorite waffle mix and use flax egg and your favorite nondairy milk.