This Strawberry Icebox Cake is a delightful and refreshing dessert that combines the luscious sweetness of fresh strawberries with the creamy filling of whipped cream and cream cheese. This no bake dessert features layers of graham crackers, generously slathered with creamy whipped cream and adorned with fresh, juicy strawberries!
With its vibrant colors and delectable flavors, Strawberry Icebox Cake is the perfect summertime dessert, offering a blissful balance of fruity and creamy goodness.
This no bake strawberry icebox cake is so easy to make! When it's too hot to turn on the oven but you want a delicious, simple cake, this one is for you!
Ice box cakes are perfect to make in during the dog days of summer! Just like this Red, White, and Blue Icebox Cake or 3 ingredient no bake cheesecake, you'll be making this easy dessert over and over again! Once the Summer is gone, you'll love this no bake pecan pie cheesecake and pumpkin mousse too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's a no bake wonder! On hot Summer days, no one wants to turn on the oven and heat up the house. This strawberry icebox cake recipe is put together and set in the refrigerator. It's the perfect dessert!
- It's made with simple ingredients. You only need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your house!
- It's one of those classic, vintage recipes! A classic icebox cake has been around forever! And for good reason! It's the easiest dessert to make and it's always a hit!
- It's an easy recipe to make! Even the kids will love helping put this no bake cake together!
Ingredients to Gather
- Heavy Cream. This is to whip into stiff peaks and then fold the cream cheese into. Do not use whole milk or low fat milk, you need to use heavy whipping cream.
- Fresh berries. We will be using strawberries for this ice box cake recipe. The strawberries should be sliced into fairly thin slices so they easily layer in the dessert.
- Cream Cheese. You will need an 8 ounce tub of whipped cream cheese. It should be whipped so it can easily be incorporated into the homemade whipped cream.
- Graham crackers. Plain graham crackers are the best for this recipe.
- Sugar. We will be adding sugar to both the strawberries and the whipping cream.
See printable recipe card for full recipe information on ingredients and quantities.
Step By Step Instructions
Lynn's Tip! The cake needs to hang out in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let the graham crackers soften. They will then have more of a cake-like texture instead of a hard, crisp graham cracker.
- Use whipped topping! To make this refrigerator cake even easier, simply use a layer of cool whip instead of homemade whipped cream to this no bake strawberry dessert.
- Add more fruit! A lemon curd, mixture of berries, or your favorite fresh fruit to this recipe.
- Change up the graham crackers! Use cinnamon graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or chocolate graham crackers.
- Add more flavorings! Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon zest to the whipped cream. You can also top it off with fresh mint for a fresh, delicious flavor. You can even add a little cocoa powder to the whipped cream for a chocolate covered strawberry type dessert.
- Change the baking dish! For a thicker cake, use a 8x8 or 9x9 dish so it is a thicker cake.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or keep it in the baking dish covered with saran wrap.
To make this delicious dessert ahead of time, put the dessert together completely and let it hang out in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before you need to serve it.
Yes! You can freeze this dessert and the whipped cream will turn more into ice cream instead of a light, cream.
Yes! If it is not strawberry season and you only have frozen fruit, use that! Let the fruit defrost to room temperature and then layer it as you normally would.
More Easy Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 24 Graham Crackers
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 8 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 cups Strawberries Sliced
- 1 Lemon
- In a large bowl, add the sliced strawberries, ¼ cup of sugar, and the juice of one lemon. Mix well and set that aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, add the heavy cream and ½ cup of sugar. Beat the ingredients for 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream cheese and mix until incorporated.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, add ⅓ of the graham crackers. Break them if you need to so they cover the bottom of the baking dish. Layer ⅓ of the cream mixture on top of the graham crackers, then ⅓ of the strawberries. Continue layering until all the ingredients are done.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- The cake needs to hang out in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let the graham crackers soften. They will then have more of a cake-like texture instead of a hard, crisp graham cracker.
- To make this refrigerator cake even easier, simply use a layer of cool whip instead of homemade whipped cream to this no bake strawberry dessert.
- Feel free to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon zest to the whipped cream. You can also top it off with fresh mint for a fresh, delicious flavor.