Sweet and a little tangy, this Instant Pot Blueberry Jam is the perfect way to use up some extra blueberries you have this Summer. You won't go back to the premade stuff once you try this delicious jam!
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam is a delightful and mouthwatering spread that captures the essence of fresh, juicy blueberries in a convenient and time-saving manner. Bursting with vibrant flavors and a luscious texture, this homemade jam is made effortlessly using the Instant Pot, resulting in a jam that is both delicious and full of natural goodness.
Ingredients You'll Need
All you need to add the to Instant Pot is blueberries, lemon, sugar, and cornstarch.
Blueberries- Organic blueberries are always the way to go if you can find them. If you can't find organic, use regular and make sure to wash them really well. I find the easiest way to wash them is to add them to a large bowl, add one tablespoon of white vinegar, and fill the bowl with water. Mix the blueberries around and then empty the water and rinse the berries one more time. You'll have perfectly clean berries! Frozen berries would work well here as well. You would not need to defrost them, simply put them in the Instant Pot frozen.
Lemon- The lemon juice cuts down on the sweetness from the berries. It gives the jam a little tang that is a compliments the sweetness of the berries perfectly.
Sugar- Sugar breaks down the berries and gives the sweetness to the jam. If you did not want to use sugar, honey would work as well. Don't use as much honey as you would sugar, cut it to ¾ cup of honey per 1 cup of sugar.
Cornstarch- Since we are not using pectin which would normally give your jam the gel like consistency, cornstarch will thicken the jam for us. Mix 2 tablespoons of jam with 2 tablespoons of water to thicken this jam.
Let's Make the Jam!
Add the cleaned and washed blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice to the Instant Pot. Mix everything together and let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the berries and sugar to marry their flavors together.
Turn the Instant Pot on high pressure for 1 minute. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to build the amount of pressure it needs, and then it will actually cook the berries for 1 minute.
The water and cornstarch mixture is known as a "slurry". Mix 2 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Add that to the Instant Pot.
Press "sauté" on the Instant Pot and allow the jam to come to a rolling boil for 2 minutes. This process will help activate the cornstarch to thicken the jam.
Allow the jam to cool for a few minutes before adding it to the jars. The jam will be very hot when it is done cooking. Enjoy!
This recipe will last in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks in an airtight container. You can also freeze this jam, just make sure it is frozen in a freezer safe container like these.
I'm no canning expert, so I'm not going to say that this is a good jam to can. If you want to can this jam, make sure to follow the proper guides on how to safely can jam.
This jam is freezer friendly too! Make sure to place the jam in an airtight container that is freezer safe and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, simply place the jar in the refrigerator and let it defrost.
- Swirled into Instant Pot Overnight Oats.
- Spread on 5 Ingredient Bagels.
- Topped with cream cheese on Instant Pot Bagels.
- Alongside Sourdough Bagels.
- On top of Brioche dinner rolls.
- For lots of blueberry flavor, serve this jam with blueberry bagels.
Did you check out my 3 Ingredient Strawberry Jam? So good and the same technique! For this recipe, you could add another lemon at the end of the cooking process to really up that tangy flavor. You could also mix berries. Add some raspberries or blackberries to the Instant Pot to make a mixed berry jam.
Yes! Perfectly! I use a ratio of 2 pints to 1 cup of sugar. Use that ratio for when you are doubling or tripling this recipe. Add the jam to smaller Ball jars and give it out as gifts for teachers, mail carriers, or friends!
Did You Make This Recipe??
Did you give this Instant Pot Blueberry Jam a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- 2 pints Blueberries Washed and picked through
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon Water
- Add the blueberries, lemon, and sugar to the Instant Pot and mix well. Let that sit for 15 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot on for 1 minute of cooking time on High Pressure.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- While the Instant Pot naturally releases, mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Mix until completely dissolved.
- Open then lid and press sauté on the Instant Pot. Add the cornstarch slurry and bring the jam to a rolling boil for 2 minutes and then turn it off.
- Allow the jam to cool slightly before adding the jam to jars.
- You can substitute honey in this recipe, just lower the amount. Use ¾ cup of honey instead of the full cup of sugar.
- Organic blueberries are best but if you do not have organic blueberries, be sure to wash the blueberries really well before using.