Ready in less than 20 minutes, this Instant Pot Peach Jam is the perfect way to preserve the sweetness of Summer! This jam is perfect on your favorite scone or topped on vanilla ice cream!
What Ingredients Will You Need?
Peaches- You'll need two pounds of peaches per 1 cup of sugar. Depending on the size of your peaches, it's about 6 peaches.
Sugar- Honey would work well here too if you do not want to use sugar. The brown sugar adds a bit of richness that you can't get from plain white sugar. Monk fruit sweetener would work as well, but lower the amounts to ⅔ cup of sugar instead of the full cup. Monk fruit sweetener tends to be much sweeter than regular sugar.
Cornstarch- I rarely, if ever, have pectin on hand. Cornstarch acts as the thickening agent for this jam. You'll need to cook it a little once it is done pressure cooking to activate the thickening.
Lemon- The lemon balances out the sweetness from the sugar and from the peaches. If you don't have lemon, feel free to leave it out.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 3: Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn on high pressure for 1 minute. Yes, just 1 minute! In order to cook the peaches at the high pressure, the Instant Pot heats up for about 10 minutes, but it only cooks the peaches at the highest pressure for 1 minute.
Step 4: After the 1 minute is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 15 minutes. After the Instant Pot has naturally released, open the lid. The jam will look very soupy, and that's ok! Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Pour that into the Instant Pot. Press "Sauté" and cook the jam for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The jam will easily burn at this stage, so make sure you are stirring constantly.
Step 5: After 5 minutes of sautéing is up, allow the jam to cool slightly before adding it to jars. This will make 2 pint jars of jam. Enjoy!
Absolutely! As long as your Instant Pot is big enough to handle that amount of jam. Stick to the ratio of 2 pounds of fruit to 1 cup of sugar. The timing would remain the same.
- Feel free to add some other stone fruit into this. Nectarines and plums would also make a wonderful jam!
- Use frozen fruit! If you don't have fresh peaches on hand, feel free to use frozen peaches. Peaches are frozen at the peak of ripeness, so they would make a wonderful jam!
This jam can be stored in the refrigerator for a week. This jam recipe is not suitable for canning. You can freeze this jam for up to 3 months. If you are going to freeze jam, do not freeze in glass jars. Allow the jam to cool completely and then add it to freezer safe containers.
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give this Instant Pot Peach Jam a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 10 Minute Four Bean Salad
- Lemon and Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Lemon Icing
- Dairy Free Cherry Vanilla Sorbet
- Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad
Instant Pot Peach Jam
- 2 Pounds Peaches
- ½ cup Brown Sugar Packed
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Lemon
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Wash the peaches and chop them into small pieces. You can also use the food processor to do this. Simply take the peach off the pit and add the fruit to the food processor. Process for 1 minute until the peach pieces are about the size of peas.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and lemon juice to the Instant Pot. Mix everything thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Close the Instant Pot and set it on "High" for 1 minute.
- When the Instant Pot is done, allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, carefully open the lid. The mixture will look very soupy, but that's ok!
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the peach mixture.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Saute" and stir the peach jam for 5 minutes. Stay close to the Instant Pot because the mixture will burn very easily. Stir constantly.
- Allow the jam to cool and spoon it into jars and enjoy!
- No need to peel the peaches. The peel melts away into the jam with the high pressure of the Instant Pot.