These 5 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies With Yellow Cake Mix will quickly become your new favorite cookies! They are so easy to make and are baked to perfection in less than 15 minutes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. however this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links full disclosure policy here.
Cake box cookies are a genius recipe! As long as you have a box of cake mix around, you can make this easy cookie recipe! Did you know you can also make brownie mix cookies?
These peanut butter cake mix cookies are for all my fellow peanut butter-loving friends! Serve these cookies with a tall glass of milk after a long day of school! Their chewy texture makes these the perfect peanut butter cookie! If peanut butter cookies are your thing, don't forget to check out these sourdough peanut butter cookies as well!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This is an easy recipe! As long as you have a few simple ingredients in the house, you can make delicious peanut butter cookies at any time!
- No need to refrigerate the dough! Unlike most cookie dough recipes, you do not have to refrigerate the dough before you bake the cookies.
- They are full of peanut butter! For the peanut butter lovers in your life, these will hit the spot!
- They are a great make ahead treat! These cookies stay for 4-5 days in an airtight container, so make them a few days before you need them.
Ingredients To Make Peanut Butter Cookies With Yellow Cake Mix
- One box of yellow cake mix. I used betty crocker, but you can use whatever you have at home.
- Eggs. To keep the cookies together.
- Oil. I used coconut oil, but you could use vegetable oil, avocado oil, or one stick of melted butter.
- Creamy Peanut Butter. I used Skippy's natural peanut butter but use your favorite variety of peanut butter in this recipe.
- Sugar. To get that classic sugar crunch on the outside of the cookies.
Equipment To Gather
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Ice cream scoop
- Parchment Paper or silicone mat
- Baking Sheet
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies With Yellow Cake Mix
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the sugar. Attach the paddle attachment to your stand mixer and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed until all the ingredients are well mixed together.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
Add ⅓ cup of sugar to a small bowl. With the ice cream scoop, scoop out dough balls into the bowl of sugar. Roll the dough balls in the sugar and place them on the baking sheet.
With the tines of a fork, make indentations in the cookies so you get that classic fork mark look on the cookies.
Set the baking time to 10 minutes or until just slightly browned.
Allow the cookies to cool on a wire cooling rack before serving.
- Use chunky peanut butter! For a crunchier cookie, use your favorite variety of chunky peanut butter.
- Mix in some other ingredients! Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, reese's pieces, or peanut butter chips would all take these cookies to the next level!
- Change the cake mix flavor! Use chocolate cake mix, white cake mix, or your favorite variety of dry cake mix!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can bake these cookies up to 4 days in advance and keep them in an airtight container on the counter. You can also freeze these cookies once they are baked. Place them in a gallon freezer bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve them, place them on the counter to come to room temperature before serving.
This is one of my favorite recipes because the cookies are super soft and super chewy! No crispy cookies here! The boxed cake mix makes these cookies so soft.
Yes! Spread out the dough into a cookie sheet and bake it for 30-40 minutes. You can either spread melted chocolate on the top of the cake or you can use your favorite variety of icing on the cake.
Other Recipes To Try!
Did you love this Peanut Butter Cookies With Yellow Cake Mix Recipe? If you did, don't forget to tag me on social media on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
Peanut Butter Cookies with Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix 15.25 ounces
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Oil Coconut oil, vegetable oil, or Melted Butter
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the sugar.
- Attached the paddle attachment to your stand mixer and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed until all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Add ⅓ cup of sugar to a small bowl. With the ice cream scoop, scoop out dough balls into the bowl of sugar. Roll the dough balls in the sugar and place them on the baking sheet.
- With the tines of a fork, make indentations in the cookies so you get that classic fork mark look on the cookies.
- Set the baking time to 10 minutes and bake until the cookies are just slightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire cooling rack before serving.
- Coconut oil, vegetable oil, avocado oil, or melted butter can be used in this recipe.
- Change it up and use your favorite variety of boxed cake mix!
- These cookies are soft with a chewy texture.