Spicy, creamy, and ready in under 30 minutes, this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a hit at any party! Perfect to add to your appetizer spread for the big game, serve this creamy buffalo chicken dip with chips, carrots, or celery sticks for a crowd pleasing dish your guests will love!
Sundays are my favorite days! I know, weird right? There's nothing I love more than relaxing, watching some football, and enjoying snacks throughout the day. No need to make big meals, dips are perfect!
When you're thinking about dips to make, it's important to make something that you don't need to reheat, and that will keep for a long time.
This easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip is perfect! The Instant Pot will keep the Buffalo dip warm for as long as you need, while you enjoy the game and your guests!
Don't forget to check out these other dips that are so delicious!
Why You'll Love This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- It's a crowd pleaser! Originally created by Frank's red hot sauce, buffalo chicken dip is a perfect appetizer to serve while watching the big game!
- The electric pressure cooker does all the hard work! No need to babysit the chicken when you are cooking it, the Instant Pot cooks the chicken until it's cooked to perfection in this easy recipe.
- It is perfect on an appetizer table! Make this cheesy Instant Pot Buffalo chicken dip and set the Instant Pot to "Keep Warm", and you'll be able to keep this dip warm for hours while you watch the big game and enjoy other appetizers like buffalo broiled chicken wings, chicken tenders, or sourdough pretzels!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken Breast- 1 large chicken breast, or one pound.
- Hot Sauce- Your favorite variety. Frank's is classic, but Texas Pete's works as well.
- Ranch Dressing- to give this dip tang. I love Hidden valley ranch dressing, but whatever you local grocery store has is great!
- Cream Cheese- to make the dip creamy.
- Cheese- Shredded cheddar cheese is classic, but Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, or white cheddar would all be delicious.
Substitutions and Variations
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure they are boneless and skinless.
- Feel free to double the recipe! Just make sure you are leaving enough room in the Instant Pot to make sure it can come up to pressure.
- Full fat cream cheese should be used. Low fat or fat free cream cheese will make the dip too watery.
- Use your favorite hot sauce! Or if you have a buffalo sauce that you love, you can add that right into the Instant Pot.
- Use your favorite brand of ranch dressing too! If you have homemade ranch dressing, that's a great option too!
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Check out the recipe card below for the full, printable recipe.
Lynn's Tip! The easiest way to shred chicken is to use two forks, but you can also place the chicken in a large bowl and use a hand mixer. You can also put the chicken in the bowl of your stand mixer and shred it that way!
How To Serve Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip tastes delicious on tortilla chips, a sturdy cracker, carrot sticks, or celery. Make your own baked tortilla chips for a healthier option instead of the traditional fried options.
Pita chips hold up well to this dip if you don't have any tortilla chips and there is always the option of using crusty bread to dip into this amazing appetizer! Don't forget the carrot sticks and celery sticks too!
How To Make This Dip In Advance
To make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip in advance, put the dip together completely. Allow it to cool and place it in an airtight container. Keep the dip in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
When you are ready to serve it, place it back in the Instant Pot and set the Instant Pot to "keep warm". An easy way to reheat this dip is to place the dip in an oven safe baking dish, top it with shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
You can also add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and then set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Take the chicken out, shred it, and mix it back into the other ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
This dip can be made up to 4 days in advance. When ready to serve, reheat the dip in the Instant Pot or a slow cooker.
If you want to use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken, there's no need to use the Instant Pot. The chicken in the can is already cooked, so you could add the ingredients to a slow cooker or a pan to mix everything together and heat it up.
Low fat cream cheese tends to have more water in it and a chemical taste. When you're making a dip like this, go with the good stuff and use the full fat cream cheese.
Yes! If you only have frozen chicken, no problem! Increase the cooking time to 30 minutes and you'll have perfect chicken ready to be shred when the cooking process is completed.
Yes! You'll just have to mix the ranch seasoning with sour cream and a little bit of mayonnaise. Check the package of the ranch seasoning, and use ½ cup of that.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¾ cup Hot Sauce Such as Frank's or Texas Pete
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Shredded
- Add the chicken and ½ cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and set to "High" pressure for 20 minutes (30 minutes if your chicken is frozen).
- After the cooking is completed, release the pressure.
- Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Discard the liquid left in the Instant Pot. Place the Instant Pot insert back in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Sauté".
- Add the cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce to the Instant Pot. Stir until melted.
- Add the chicken and cheddar back into the Instant Pot and stir until completely combined.
- Optional step- Transfer the dip to an oven safe baking dish and top with more cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve!
- Cheddar, white cheddar, Colby Jack, or Monterey Jack are all delicious options for cheese in this dip.
- Place the dip in the Instant Pot and set the Instant Pot to "Keep Warm" so it stays warm while your guests enjoy it.
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts, just make sure they are boneless and skinless.
- If you are using frozen chicken breasts, increase the cooking time to 30 minutes.