Full of good for you probiotics, this homemade Kefir Ranch dressing is a delicious dressing to keep in your refrigerator! You won't go back to the prepackaged stuff after you try to make your own!
We go through so much ranch dressing at my house! If you have ever looked at the ingredients in a bottle of ranch, it can be kind of scary!
Just like everything else, I like to try to make my own version of our favorite products. This ranch dressing is made with Kefir which is loaded with good for your probiotics, which is great for your gut!
This recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Lifeway Kefir. Thank you for supporting the brands that make my blog possible!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Whole Milk, Plain Kefir. My favorite brand if Lifeway and can be found in your local grocery store. Whole milk kefir gives this ranch dressing a thick consistency.
- Mayonnaise. To cut the tang of the kefir.
- Garlic. For a little spice.
- Dried herbs. You will need dried chives, dried parsley, dried dill, and dried onion.
- Lemon. For a little extra, fresh tang.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
What is Kefir?
Kefir is a tart and tangy cultured milk. It is full of good for you probiotics and is high in calcium and protein. In this recipe, we are using kefir where you would normally use buttermilk. The consistency is a little thicker than buttermilk and gives this smoothie a tang that you don't get from regular milk. It's similar to adding yogurt to your smoothie, which is so common these days!
How To Make Kefir Ranch Dressing
In a mason jar or an airtight container, add all the ingredients. Mix them well until all the ingredients are combined.
Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for a few hours before you serve this ranch. The longer is stays in the refrigerator the more the flavors will meld together.
Place this ranch dressing in an airtight container or in a mason jar. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Unfortunately, because of the dairy, this ranch dressing will not freeze well. You can make a half batch to start and see how long it takes to finish the ranch dressing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! If you have fresh dill and fresh chives, feel free to use those! Instead of ½ teaspoon, you'll need to use more of the fresh herbs. Change the amounts to 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs per ½ teaspoon of dried herbs.
Yes! If you prefer to use low fat kefir and mayo, feel free to use those!
More Kefir Recipes
- Kefir Scones
- Gingerbread Kefir Smoothie
- Strawberry Kefir Ice Cream
- Blueberry Kefir Bread
- Kefir Snickerdoodles
- Kefir Cornbread
- Vanilla Kefir Muffins
- Sweet Kefir Mango Pancakes
Easy Homemade Kefir Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Whole Milk Kefir
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Dried Chives
- ½ teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Dried Dill
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Onion
- ½ Lemon juiced
- In a mason jar or an airtight container, add all the ingredients. Mix them well until all the ingredients are combined.