Buffalo chicken and buffalo chicken dip are classic recipes to serve to a big crowd. If you are looking for ideas on what to serve with buffalo chicken, look no further than these 50 easy recipes!
Buffalo chicken dip is a game-day favorite! There's nothing better than a big bowl of spicy buffalo sauce, chicken, and cheese! The whole family loves watching the game together while dipping some tortilla chips or crackers into a hot and spicy buffalo dip!
When football season comes around, you can't watch the game without a huge amount of appetizers and dips! These recipes would all be delicious for a huge super bowl spread! No matter which team you are rooting for, everyone can be on the same team when it comes to these delicious recipes!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is so easy to make! All you need is chicken, cream cheese, your favorite hot sauce, and few other simple ingredients that are easily found in your local grocery store.
My favorite way to make Buffalo chicken dip is in the Instant Pot. Here's how you do it!
- Add the boneless skinless chicken breasts and ½ cup of chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and set to "High" pressure for 20 minutes (30 minutes if your chicken is frozen).
- After the cooking is completed, release the pressure.
- Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Discard the liquid left in the Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot insert back in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Sauté".
- Add the cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce to the Instant Pot. Stir until melted.
- Add the chicken and sharp cheddar cheese back into the Instant Pot and stir until completely combined.
- Optional step- Transfer the dip to an oven safe baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese and blue cheese crumbles. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve!
Let's Make Buffalo Chicken!
Even though we all love buffalo chicken wings, and that creamy buffalo chicken dip, you can make shredded chicken with buffalo sauce easily in the Instant Pot. It's a great recipe for easy dinners during the week. Serve this buffalo chicken over a big bulky roll topped with sour cream and chopped green onions. You can also use this buffalo chicken to make a delicious buffalo chicken pizza, a perfect Friday evening dinner!
- Set the Instant Pot to "saute".
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot and allow it to melt. Once the butter is melted, hit cancel on "saute" mode and place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot. Top the chicken with the hot sauce.
- Set the Instant Pot to "saute". Add the butter to the Instant Pot and allow it to melt. Once the butter is melted, hit cancel on "saute" mode and place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot. Top the chicken with the hot sauce.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the cooking time to 22 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the knob is set to the sealing position on the lid of the Instant Pot.
- After the cooking is complete, carefully quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and shred the chicken to your liking. Place the shredded chicken back in the sauce and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
The good thing about buffalo chicken dip is that you can use canned chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken, or chicken breasts. If you make some meal prep, you can use some leftover chicken breast and mix it in with the rest of the dip ingredients.
If you want to be healthy, of course you can dip carrot sticks and celery sticks in the dip. My favorite things to dip are tortilla chips or homemade crackers.
Yes! You can make this in the slow cooker or crock pot. Add the cream cheese, canned chicken, spicy hot sauce, and ranch dressing into the slow cooker. Set the crock pot to 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.