Loaded with fresh veggies, al dente pasta, and your favorite Italian Salad Dressing, this Bowtie Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing is the perfect, easy salad! It's great to have in the refrigerator throughout the week or at your next gathering!
There's nothing better than a delicious pasta salad at Summer cookouts. This recipe would be the perfect addition to a barbecue menu! There is something for everyone in this easy Italian pasta salad!
This Italian bowtie pasta salad would be a delicious light lunch with chicken burgers with spinach and feta, or a side to Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
If you need some recipes to serve with pasta salad, make sure to check out all these delicious recipes in this what to serve with pasta salad roundup!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's easy to make! Since we are using bottle Italian dressing, we won't have to worry about making homemade dressing separately in a small bowl. Italian dressing has tons of flavor in it from the olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- It's great for meal prep! This can be made well in advance and served throughout the week with your favorite protein.
- It's versatile! You can add whatever veggies you want. This Italian pasta salad recipe can easily be changed to suit your family's needs!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Bowtie Pasta. This is also known as farfalle pasta and can easily be found in your grocery store.
- Veggies. We are going to add red onion, English cucumber, red bell pepper (or green bell pepper), and tomatoes.
- Italian Dressing. Feel free to use your family's favorite Italian dressing in this easy recipe.
- Cheddar cheese. To add some creamy texture to the pasta salad.
How To Make Bowtie Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- Change up the veggies! Feel free to use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, green onions, or whatever your favorite veggies are!
- Change up the cheese! If you don't have cheddar cheese, you can use feta cheese, parmesan cheese, or mozzarella cheese balls in this recipe.
- Add protein! Add your favorite protein to this zesty Italian pasta salad. Chick peas, cooked chicken, chopped egg, or cannellini beans would all be delicious and bulk up this cold pasta salad. You can even add chopped pepperoni, sliced salami, or your favorite deli meats to this great recipe!
Store this pasta salad in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It's great cold or room temperature!
Yes! You can use your favorite shape of pasta. You can even use gluten free pasta or chick pea pasta for this recipe.
More Recipes to Try
Did you love this recipe? If you did, please leave a 5 ⭐️ rating below! Follow along on Instagram and Facebook!
Simple Bowtie Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- 1 lb Bowtie Pasta Farfalle
- 1 Cucumber Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Diced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1 bottle Italian Dressing
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the bowtie pasta. Cook based on the package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, wash and chop all the vegetables. Place them in a large bowl. Cut the cheddar cheese into small pieces and add it to the large mixing bowl.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and run cold water over the pasta. Add the cooled pasta to the large bowl.
- Pour the whole bottle of Italian dressing over the pasta and mix everything together. Serve or refrigerate the pasta salad for at least 2 hours.
- Feel free to use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, green onions, or whatever your favorite veggies are!
- Keep the pasta salad in an airtight container for at least 5 days.
- This pasta salad is delicious cold or at room temperature.
- Add your favorite protein to this zesty Italian pasta salad. Chick peas, cooked chicken, chopped egg, or cannellini beans would all be delicious and bulk up this cold pasta salad.
Leave a Reply