Ready in under 30 minutes, 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites are a perfect crowd pleasing snack when you need something quick, easy, and delicious!
When you think about making homemade pretzels, I'm sure you think of yeast and boiling the pretzels, but not so much! These are easy to make and no need to wait for the dough to be ready to bake!
I love baking with self rising flour! It can make delicious pancakes with self-rising flour, waffles with self-rising flour, chocolate chip cookies with self-rising flour, and banana bread with self-rising flour!
What's In These Pretzel Bites?
Three ingredients, that's it! Really! This type of recipe was created by Weight Watchers and has so many different varieties! You can make this recipe into bagels, pizza dough, or even cinnamon rolls!
Self rising flour- Self rising flour is simply unbleached flour with baking powder and a little bit of salt in it. King Arthur has an amazing self rising flour brand. Most flour companies are making this type of flour, so use your favorite variety.
Greek yogurt- Greek yogurt adds the liquid and texture to this recipe. Don't substitute regular Non-Greek yogurt, it's not thick enough and you'll have to add a lot more flour than what this calls for. Full fat Greek yogurt would be a little too thick as well, so stick with fat free Greek yogurt for the perfect dough consistency.
Egg- The egg becomes the egg wash for the pretzel bites. The egg wash creates a crispy crust so you get that chewy, crispy outside like you would a regular pretzel.
How To Serve These Pretzels
- Alongside sourdough pretzel bites.
- Dipped in 2 Ingredient Honey Mustard, Sriracha Aioli, Cilantro Lime Aioli, Dill Pickle Hummus, or Spicy Hummus.
- In any of these delicious recipes in this post about What to Dip Pretzels in.
Questions about this Recipe
Yes! There are plenty of amazing gluten free self rising flours on the market today. Use your favorite one in this recipe.
You need to use self rising flour in this recipe, but you can easily make your own. To make your own, for every 1 cup of all purpose flour, add 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
These don't store well once they are baked because the salt makes the pretzel bites soggy. If you want to make them ahead of time, make the dough, put it in the refrigerator, and then when you are ready to bake the bites, roll the dough, and bake them normally. If you are having a large party, these can easily be doubled and tripled to serve a crowd. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Yes! You can make them into long pretzel sticks, or you can make them into regular pretzels. The dough can be a little sticky to work with, so you make need a little extra flour when shaping the pretzels.
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give this 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Burgers with Feta and Spinach
- Double Chocolate Oat Cookies
3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites
- 1 cup Self Rising Flour *See Notes
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt Plain, Fat Free
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and Greek Yogurt. Mix well, and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- In another small bowl, make the egg wash. Crack the egg and mix it well with a fork to scramble it. Set the egg aside.
- Take the dough and place it on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough in half and roll each half into a log,12 inches long. The dough will be sticky. If you need to add some more flour, feel free! It should still be a little sticky, but use enough flour to make it easy to roll out.
- Cut the dough into bite sized pieces, about 1.5 inches long. Place the bites onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the bites with the egg wash and top with salt or everything bagel seasoning, or leave the bites plain.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pretzel bites are golden brown. Allow them to cool slightly and serve. Enjoy!
- To make your own self rising flour, mix 1 cup all purpose flour with 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Leave a Reply