This 2 Ingredient honey mustard sauce is so easy to make and perfect to keep in the refrigerator all week long to add to weeknight dinners!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. However this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links full disclosure policy here.
Homemade honey mustard sauce is one of those things that is easy to make, and should not be made more complicated! It's delicious and perfect to add to a lunch or a dinner to make it just a little more delicious!
Ingredients You'll Need
I bet you can guess it! The best part of this recipe is that you only need a few simple ingredients We are keeping this honey mustard recipe super simple! Since mustard often has a lot of other ingredients in it like brown sugar and vinegar, we don't need to add anything else.
- Mustard. I am using 1 cup Dijon mustard, but yellow mustard or spicy mustard will work as well.
- Honey. ½ cup honey, your favorite brand is great.
How To Make 2 Ingredient Honey Mustard
This honey mustard sauce recipe could not be easier to make! Measure out both the mustard and honey and mix them together in a small bowl until a creamy sauce forms. Allow the honey mustard dressing to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving for best flavor.
What To Serve This Honey Mustard With
- Chicken tenders.
- Instant Pot Turkey tenderloin. The kids love dipping the turkey into this dipping sauce!
- Chicken nuggets. Just like in the restaurants, there's nothing better than chicken and honey mustard sauce!
- Chicken fingers or chicken strips. Homemade or store bought.
- Corn dogs. This is perfect to dip corn dogs in!
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks. Slather this honey mustard on top or feel free to dip the chicken into the sauce!
- Salad. Honey mustard is a classic salad dressing! If you would like to thin out the dressing for your garden salad, feel free to add a little bit of apple cider vinegar to loosen the dressing a bit.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to store this honey mustard is in an airtight container or in a mason jar in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh up to 5 days.
To give this honey mustard sauce a spicy kick, feel free to add some cayenne pepper or some crushed red pepper flakes. You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the flavor a bit. If you would like to thicken this tangy sauce a little bit, feel free to add ¼ cup mayonnaise or ¼ cup of sour cream to the ingredients.
Sure! Just use vegan honey instead of regular honey.
More Great Recipes!
2 Ingredient Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup Dijon Mustard or yellow mustard
- ½ cup Honey
- Measure out both the mustard and honey and mix them together in a small bowl until a creamy sauce forms. Allow the honey mustard dressing to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving for best flavor.
- This recipe is great to double or triple for parties or dinner.
- You can use a combination or yellow mustard and Dijon mustard, or just Dijon mustard, like I did here.
- Allowing the dip to chill in the refrigerator will meld the flavors together.