With only 4 simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes, you can make this Sriracha aioli to dip your fries in! Creamy and a little spicy, this will be your new go to dipping sauce!
You'll want to add this to your favorite sauce recipes immediately! Creamy mayo and spicy sriracha, ready in only 5 minutes, you can't go wrong!
Sriracha is my favorite hot sauce! I love that it is so much thicker than your traditional hot sauce, and the spice level is not blow your mind hot. When you add it to mayo, it makes a spicy mayo recipe that can go on any of your favorite foods!
What is Sriracha?
Sriracha sauce has become a very popular condiment in the past few years. It is a versatile type of hot sauce created by Huy Fong Foods that is thick and full of chili peppers. Though it's made from chili peppers, it isn't as spicy as many other hot sauces.
It is made of chili peppers, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and salt. Pretty simple ingredients create a spicy and tangy hot sauce. No wonder it's such a popular brand of hot sauce!
I've been known to add sriracha to just about everything! Pasta, eggs, chicken, and even burgers! Nothing is off limits!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Full Fat Mayonnaise- Use your favorite variety. You can even use vegan mayo if you prefer.
- Sriracha- Sriracha can be found in your local grocery store.
- Fresh Lime Juice- To add some brightness to the heavy mayo. Lemon juice can be used instead.
- Fresh Garlic- For a little more spice!
What is an Aioli Sauce?
An aioli is an emulsified sauce of olive oil and egg yolks. In this recipe, we are using a mayonnaise base which cuts out the need to emulsify the eggs and oil. You could call this recipe more of a spicy sriracha mayonnaise if you really wanted to get into the nitty gritty. Cilantro lime aioli is another version that is sure to be a hit whenever it is served!
No crazy equipment necessary! All you need are some mixing bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a mixing spoon. A citrus squeezer is helpful to have on hand but you can squeeze the limes by hand if you want.
How To Make Sriracha Aioli
This spicy sriracha aioli could not be easier to make!
In a small bowl, add one cup of mayonnaise.
Add three tablespoons of sriracha to the mayonnaise.
Squeeze fresh lime juice into the bowl. One lime is enough, it should give you about 1 tablespoon of juice.
Grate one clove of garlic over the bowl.
Stir all the ingredients to combine and refrigerate until you are ready to use the sauce.
How To Serve Sriracha Aioli
- Dip French fries or onion rings in it! For a creamy, yet spicy sauce, this spicy mayo sauce is a must!
- On crab cakes! Slather this sauce on the crab cake and enjoy throughout the summer.
- On a chicken burger! Or turkey burger, beef burger, or add it to hot dogs!
- Slather it on fish tacos! Use your favorite fish taco recipe and add this creamy sauce to the top!
- Serve it with dinner! Use this aioli as a dipping sauce for Instant Pot chicken thighs, Instant Pot chicken drumsticks, or Instant Pot turkey tenderloin!
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have mixed the ingredients together, place them in an airtight container or a mason jar and be sure to refrigerate this sauce. Because this is a mayonnaise based, it is important to make sure it is always chilled.
Yes! As long as the mayonnaise you are using is gluten free, sriracha is gluten free as well. None of the ingredients in this recipe contain gluten, so it is gluten free!
Yes! That's the great thing about making food at home. You can add the amount of sriracha you would like. Start with three tablespoons and if you would like to make it spicier, add another squeeze of sriracha. Taste again and go from there!
Yes! If you prefer not to use mayo, you can use sour cream or even plain Greek yogurt. Both of those options would make this dipping sauce a little healthier as well. It's a great option when you are looking to control your fat intake!
Other Recipes To Try!
Did you love this Sriracha Aioli? If you did, don't forget to tag me on social media here on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
The Easiest Sriracha Aioli
- 1 cup Mayonnaise Your favorite variety
- 3 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- In a small bowl, add one cup of mayonnaise.
- Add three tablespoons of sriracha to the mayonnaise.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into the bowl. One lime is enough, it should give you about 1 tablespoon of juice.
- Grate one clove of garlic into the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients to combine and refrigerate until you are ready to use the sauce.
- Make sure to keep this sauce refrigerated and chilled at all times.
- Keep the sauce in an airtight container or in a mason jar in the refrigerator.