Looking for a delicious side dish to serve with your spaghetti? Look no further than 50 of the best side dishes about what to serve with spaghetti!
From garlic bread and fresh green salads to meatballs, discover the best accompaniments to make your spaghetti dish a well-rounded and satisfying meal. I'll show you lots of delicious recipes when wondering what goes good with spaghetti!
Spaghetti is such an easy main dish to make for your family! It is a quick dinner that is satisfying and fun to eat! If you have a picky eater in your house, try making them some of these sides dishes for spaghetti!
How To Make Spaghetti
Spaghetti is a long pasta that is made with durum wheat and is very popular with families.
To make spaghetti, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add a lot of salt to the pasta water. Add a pound of your favorite spaghetti and cook for 8-9 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Toss it with your favorite sauce and serve!
What Sauces are Best For Spaghetti?
- Bolognese. A classic Italian dish is spaghetti Bolognese. Bolognese sauce is a hearty meat sauce that goes perfectly with spaghetti!
- Carbonara. Spaghetti carbonara is a simple dish that is made with bacon and eggs and then topped with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Marinara. Marinara sauce is your classic tomato sauce. It can be used for spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce.
- Fresh pasta sauce. You can add fresh basil, olive oil, and tomatoes to a blender and then pour it over cooked spaghetti. This simple recipe is perfect for the Summer when you don't want to cook!
Favorite Spaghetti Dishes
- Baked Spaghetti. Baked spaghetti and meatballs is a delicious dinner to make! It is takes spaghetti to the next level when you top the pasta with fresh mozzarella and bake it until golden brown!
- Pasta salad. Just like this Linguine pasta salad, you can make a unique recipe by adding spaghetti to your pasta salad instead of penne or rotini.
- Shrimp Scampi. Spaghetti is often used in Shrimp Scampi because the sauce is light and perfect for long pasta.
FAQ About Spaghetti
Meatballs are a classic protein to go with spaghetti, but chicken parmesan, turkey meatballs, London broil, or meatloaf would all be delicious with spaghetti.
Store leftover spaghetti in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yes! It freezes really well! Just make sure you put it in an airtight container or a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you are ready to defrost the spaghetti, simply place it in the refrigerator and let it defrost and then serve it or toss the spaghetti with your favorite sauce.
What To Serve With Spaghetti
Here are lots of different spaghetti side dishes for you dinner!
- Salad. Add your favorite veggies for fresh flavor when making this delicious meal! Use bell peppers, red onion, cucumbers, and a ton of crispy veggies for a delicious crunchy salad topped with balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar!
- Bread. Italian bread, sourdough bread, or your favorite crusty bread to soak up all the delicious sauce from the pasta!
- Veggies. Veggie sides are a great option for spaghetti night. Roasted broccoli, roasted asparagus, or Brussel sprouts are all a great choice for dinner!
- Meat. Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is a great choice! Chicken, turkey, meatballs, and steak are all great options too!