Crispy bacon, salty parmesan, and roasted Brussel sprouts come together to make a quick and easy holiday side dish! Ready in less than a half hour, your guests will love this delicious recipe!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, however this is at no cost to you.
Are you team side dish or team turkey on Thanksgiving? I have to admit, I'm team side dish all the way! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, oh my! When it comes to vegetables though, they can get a little boring. Not these veggies though!
Bacon and parmesan make everything better, and Brussel sprouts are one of those vegetables that get a bad rap. I love them though. They are delicious and so easy to make!
Here are some other Thanksgiving sides to try!
- Rice dressing with Bacon and Mushrooms
- Sourdough Stuffing with Sausage and Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Sourdough Dinner Rolls
Ingredients You'll Need
- Brussel Sprouts- One pound, washed and cleaned.
- Bacon- Use your favorite type and brand. Applewood, maple, or hickory smoked would all be delicious choices.
- Parmesan- Shredded parmesan gives a better texture and flavor than grated. If you can shred the parmesan yourself, that's even better!
- Garlic- Everything is better with garlic!
Equipment You'll Need
How To Clean Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts can seem a little intimidating, but they really aren't scary!
First, cut the stem part of the Brussel sprout and discard that stem. Remove the outer leaves of the sprout that might be brown and look unhealthy.
Rinse the sprout under cold water to remove any grit that may be left on the sprout. Cut the sprout in half and place them in a medium bowl.
Let's Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash and trim the sprouts, cut them in half, and place them in a medium bowl. Cut the bacon into pieces and cook the bacon in a saute pan 5-7 minutes until crispy.
When the bacon is crispy, take the bacon pieces out of the pan and place them on a paper towel lined plate. Pour the bacon grease over the Brussel sprouts and add the minced garlic to the bowl. Mix everything to combine and place the sprouts on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sprouts are cooked through and a browned. Add the sprouts to a bowl and top with the parmesan cheese. Mix to combine and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Butternut squash, zucchini, and even broccoli would be great in this recipe. Everything is better with bacon and parmesan!
You can keep these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, place them in a microwave safe container and reheat for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
You can cut and clean the Brussel sprouts ahead of time. When you are ready to bake, crisp up the bacon and pour the bacon fat over the sprouts. Roast the sprouts and serve!
Other Recipes To Try
Did you love these Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan? I'd so appreciate it if you would give this recipe a 5-star review! That will help other hungry readers find my recipes!
And don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Dip
- Sourdough Bread
- Lasagna Soup in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Cornbread with Kefir
Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan
- 6 slices Bacon ½ pound
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts Cleaned and Halved
- ½ cup Parmesan Shredded
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and trim the Brussel sprouts. Set them aside in a medium bowl.
- Cook the bacon slices for 5-7 minutes in a saute pan until crispy. Take the bacon out and place the slices on a paper towel lined plate. When the bacon is cooled, crumble the bacon into pieces.
- Pour the bacon grease over the Brussel sprouts. Top with the minced garlic and mix together.
- Place the Brussel sprouts on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through the baking process.
- When the Brussel sprouts are browned, carefully place them in a bowl and top with the crispy bacon and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Use your favorite type of bacon. Thick sliced, hickory smoked, maple baked, and apple smoked are some favorites.
- Shredded parmesan gives this dish a cheesy kick. If you cannot find shredded, grated parmesan cheese works as well.
Roasted Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable!
I love brussel sprouts and adding bacon and cheese make this dish even better!
The only way I'm cooking Brussels sprouts from now on!
You're Brussel Sprouts recipe tastes amazing. Thank you for the recipe!!
There will always be a special place in my heart for brussels sprouts, especially when paired with bacon! These were delicious!
Fantastic, these were so tasty!
These are so good! Love the added flavors, and so easy!
Bacon and Parm really turn up the dial on flavor in these tasty sprouts! We gobbled them all up! I'll make a double batch next time!
Oooh delicious! Will definitely be making again!