Savor the taste of the holidays with this effortless no-bake eggnog pie! Packed with traditional eggnog flavors and a smooth, creamy texture, this pie offers a hassle-free way to enjoy the essence of the season without the need for baking, plus you only need 5 ingredients!
This delicious dessert quickly became a family favorite in my house! We make it every holiday season because it is easy to make and perfect for Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner!
Why You'll Love No-Bake Eggnog Pie
- It's easy to make! This creamy pie is made with only a few simple ingredients that are easily found in your local grocery store during the holiday season! You don't have to bake it either! Just like a 3-ingredient no bake cheesecake, I love an easy dessert that doesn't need to be baked!
- It can be made ahead of time! During the holidays, we should all take the help where we can get it. The longer this no bake eggnog cream pie sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes! It's great to make one day, let it hang in the refrigerator, and serve it the next day.
- It's the perfect holiday dessert! We all love a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie, or an apple pie, but having an eggnog pie for dessert is different and perfect for the holidays!
Ingredients to Gather
- Eggnog. Eggnog is one of those things that is so special because you can only get it during the holiday season. Want some eggnog in April, nope, sorry! Won't happen! That's why this no bake pie recipe is so special, because it's full of that classic holiday flavor!
- Instant pudding mix. Vanilla pudding adds a creamy texture and helps set the eggnog mixture together so it firms up in the refrigerator.
- Heavy cream. For this recipe we will be making a homemade whipped cream to lighten up the eggnog custard pie. Since we won't be baking this easy pie recipe, the whipped cream will help give it structure.
- Powdered Sugar. This sweetens the homemade whipped cream.
- Pre-made graham cracker crust. You can easily find a graham cracker pie crust in your local grocery store. If you prefer to make your own, feel free to make a homemade graham cracker crust instead. All you have to do is add 10 graham crackers to a food processor and process until they turn into graham cracker crumbs. Add 6 tablespoons of melted butter and ⅓ cup of sugar. Pour into a pie pan and let it set. You will need to prebake the crust and then let it cool.
See printable recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step By Step Instructions
Tips and Tricks
- Don't want to make your own homemade whipped cream? No worries! Use 2 cups of cool whip instead. It's an easy shortcut that you can make instead of making whipped cream at home.
- Make sure you allow the pie to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. I know, that's a long time! The longer it sets, the thicker it will get and the easier it will be to cut.
- Use your favorite eggnog. If you happen to make homemade eggnog over the holiday season, feel free to use that!
- Add a tablespoon of dark rum or 1 teaspoon of rum extract to get that real eggnog drink flavor.
- Top this no-bake eggnog pie with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon.
Make Ahead Instructions
This is the perfect pie to make ahead of time, because the longer it sits, the firmer it will get. You can make this up to 48 hours ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator.
You can freeze this cake too! Make the the pie entirely and then cover. Freeze for up to 6 months! Talk about getting ahead of the game! When you are ready to serve it, place it in the refrigerator and let it defrost.
No-Bake Eggnog Pie FAQs
Sure! You can use a sourdough pie crust or even a gingersnap crust made with gingersnap cookies! You'll need to prebake a pie dough crust before adding the pudding mixture to the pie pan.
You want to use an instant pudding. Make sure it is not the type that you have to cook first. If you have to cook it, you run the risk of cooking the whipped cream and losing that fluffy texture in the pie.
Full fat is best. Low fat eggnog will not set properly and will result in a pie that is full of liquid and not set.
More Christmas Desserts
Creamy No-Bake Eggnog Pie
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups Eggnog Cold
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust Premade
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream with the powdered sugar for 1 minute until stiff peaks form. Cover with plastic wrap and set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggnog and the vanilla pudding. With an electric mixer, mix for 1-2 minutes until the pudding thickens.
- Spoon 2 cups of the whipped cream into the large bowl with the pudding mixture. Fold in the whipped cream until just combined.
- Add the eggnog mixture to the graham cracker pie crust. Add the rest of the whipped cream on top to decorate if you would like. Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg to serve if you would like.
- Make sure you are using Instant Pudding. Regular cook and serve pudding will not work in this recipe.
- Full fat eggnog is best. Low fat or fat free will not set properly.
- The longer this pie refrigerates the firmer the texture will get. This is a great pie to make the day before you need it because it should be served very cold.
- If you do not want to make your own whipped cream, use 2 cups of cool whip or whipped topping.