A sweet and crunchy snack, these Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers are ready in under an hour and are a great way to use extra sourdough starter!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn small commission from qualifying purchases, however this is at no cost to you.
What's In These Crackers?
Use up some of that extra sourdough starter with these crunchy, dessert crackers. With only a few ingredients, you'll be enjoying fresh, homemade crackers in under an hour.
Sourdough Starter- Sourdough starter or "discard" is the extra starter you have when you feed your starter. You feed your starter to activate it and bake bread, but you do not need to use all your starter when feeding your starter. The extra, or discard, is what you will use here.
Flour- I like to use a combination of whole wheat and all purpose flours. The whole wheat flour gives these crackers a little nutty flavor.
Cinnamon and Sugar- I made my own cinnamon and sugar, but if you find it easier, there are cinnamon and sugar spices that you can buy in the grocery store.
Let's Make The Crackers!
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Let's Make These Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers!
- Mix the Ingredients together
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, starter, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Mix everything together
Mix the ingredients together. The dough will get stiff, so if you need to use a wooden spoon, that will work as well.
- Let the dough rest
Divide the dough into two discs. Wrap each of the discs in plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough
After 30 minutes, it's time to roll out the dough. Roll out one disc of dough at a time. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and place it on a baking sheet. The dough should be rolled as thin as possible so the crackers are crispy. I was able to get mine to 12 x 8 inches.
- Brush with melted butter
Brush the dough with some of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar
Sprinkle the dough with cinnamon sugar and use a pizza cutter to cut the dough. You can cut the dough into triangles, squares, or long crackers, it's up to you. Don't move the cut crackers from the parchment. When they bake, they will easily separate. Prick each cracker with a fork. This will help the crackers not puff during baking.
- Time to Bake!
Bake the crackers for 25 minutes until they are crispy and browned. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through the baking process to evenly brown the crackers. Allow them to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Questions about this Recipe?
Once baked, they should be eaten immediately. They tend to go stale quickly. If you want to make them ahead of time, make the dough and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight and then bake them when you are ready. Once baked, they should be kept in an air tight container for up to three days.
Absolutely! Instead of melted butter, you can use your favorite non dairy butter or even coconut oil.
The main ingredients for these crackers are the flours, starter, and butter. Omit the cinnamon and sugar and try these flavor combinations instead!
- Add everything but the bagel seasoning
- Use fresh herbs and ground garlic
- Try chili powder and top with shredded cheddar
- Add chia seeds and ground garlic.
There are so many different variations of these crackers! Let me know if you decide on a new one!
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give these Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- Orzo Pesto Pasta Salad
- 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites
Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 6 tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sourdough starter, 4 tablespoons of the melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into 2 discs and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerator each dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Working with one disc of dough at a time, roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. The dough should be very thin. The dough should be about 12 inches by 8 inches.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and cut the dough into crackers shapes.
- Prick the dough with a fork so they do not puff up.
- Repeat the steps with the second disc of dough.
- Bake the crackers for 20-25 minutes until they are browned. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through the cooking process to help the crackers brown evenly.
- Allow the crackers to cool completely. Store them in an air tight container for up to 3 days once baked and cooled.