A sweet and crunchy snack, these Sourdough Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers are ready in under an hour and are a great way to use extra sourdough starter!
Cinnamon sugar is a classic combination that is so delicious! If you have some extra sourdough starter around, these crackers are the easiest thing to make! These crackers taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but in bigger form!
Don't get me wrong, I love baking with my sourdough starter! You can make baked sourdough donuts, sourdough scones, sourdough discard banana bread, sourdough discard pancakes, sourdough discard waffles, sourdough chocolate chip muffins, and even sourdough crackers with herbs and olive oil crackers!
What's In These Crackers?
Use up some of that extra sourdough starter with these crunchy, dessert crackers. With only a few ingredients, you'll be enjoying fresh, homemade crackers in under an hour.
Sourdough Starter- Sourdough starter or "discard" is the extra starter you have when you feed your starter. You feed your starter to activate it and bake bread, but you do not need to use all your starter when feeding your starter. The extra, or discard, is what you will use here.
Flour- I like to use a combination of whole wheat and all purpose flours. The whole wheat flour gives these crackers a little nutty flavor.
Cinnamon and Sugar- I made my own cinnamon and sugar, but if you find it easier, there are cinnamon and sugar spices that you can buy in the grocery store.
Let's Make The Crackers!
Questions about this Recipe?
Once baked, they should be eaten immediately. They tend to go stale quickly. If you want to make them ahead of time, make the dough and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight and then bake them when you are ready. Once baked, they should be kept in an air tight container for up to three days.
Absolutely! Instead of melted butter, you can use your favorite non dairy butter or even coconut oil.
The main ingredients for these crackers are the flours, starter, and butter. Omit the cinnamon and sugar and try these flavor combinations instead!
- Add everything but the bagel seasoning
- Use fresh herbs and ground garlic
- Try chili powder and top with shredded cheddar
- Add chia seeds and ground garlic.
There are so many different variations of these crackers! Let me know if you decide on a new one!
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give these Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- Orzo Pesto Pasta Salad
- 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites
Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Crackers
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 6 tablespoon Butter Melted
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sourdough starter, 4 tablespoons of the melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into 2 discs and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerator each dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Working with one disc of dough at a time, roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. The dough should be very thin. The dough should be about 12 inches by 8 inches.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and cut the dough into crackers shapes.
- Prick the dough with a fork so they do not puff up.
- Repeat the steps with the second disc of dough.
- Bake the crackers for 20-25 minutes until they are browned. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through the cooking process to help the crackers brown evenly.
- Allow the crackers to cool completely. Store them in an air tight container for up to 3 days once baked and cooled.