All you need to make this delicious, healthy apple dip is 3 ingredients and a food processor! This Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is easy to make and full of good for you probiotics, not to mention loaded with sweet caramel! This is the perfect after school snack for the kids and you can feel good about serving it to them!
This recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Lifeway Kefir. Thank you for supporting the brands that make my blog possible!
What is Farmer's Cheese?
Farmer's Cheese is a low calorie, reduced fat soft cheese, similar to cottage cheese. It is loaded with probiotics and nutrition, so you don't have to feel guilty about serving this dip to your kids as an after school snack. Lifeway Farmer's Cheese has 12 grams of protein per serving, is gluten free, and is high in calcium. It's a no brainer! You can find a store near you that sells Farmer's Cheese here. You can also make cheesecake bars with Farmer's Cheese too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe!
- It's easy to make! With only three ingredients, it's a quick dip to put together and let hang out in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.
- It's a fun Fall dip! In the Fall, we always have a ton of apples. From apple picking to just eating apples as snacks, I love to make fun recipes with them.
- The kids will love it! Caramel and a creamy dip, the kids will go crazy for this afternoon school dip!
Ingredients To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Farmer's Cheese- This can be found in most grocery stores. Cottage cheese or cream cheese would work as well.
- Kefir- Lifeway makes my favorite and it will thin out the dip a little so it is not so thick.
- Caramel- Use your favorite store bought variety. If you want to make your own, that would be great too! I haven't had much luck with homemade caramel dip, so I stick with high quality store bought.
Let's Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip!
This dip could not be easier!
Drain the Farmer's Cheese. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until the dip is creamy, about 1 minute. You want to get the dip as smooth as possible. A few lumps will remain because of the nature of the cheese and that's ok! As smooth as you can get it is best.
Top with more caramel and swirl the caramel throughout the dip. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- This dip is best served chilled. Though it may be tempting to eat it right out of the food processor, a few hours in the refrigerator will give you the best tasting dip.
- If your caramel is a little too thick, place it in the microwave (lid removed) for 30 seconds. That will make it easier to pour.
- Use an apple corer to easily slice the apples. No need to peel them when you are dipping them.
Variations Of This Dip
- Instead of caramel, load this dip up with peanut butter and then swirl more peanut butter on top!
- Use an if cream fudge topping and swirl chocolate chips into the dip. Who doesn't love chocolate and cheesecake??
- Swirl in canned pie filling. Cherry, apple, or blueberry pie filling would be fun changes to this recipe during different times of the year!
- If you don't have kefir to thin out the dip, whole milk or 2% milk will work perfectly.
- Dip apples, cinnamon sugar crackers, or graham crackers into this. All of those are delicious choices!
Frequently Asked Questions
This is best served immediately. Freezing tends to bring out excess liquid in the cheese and will thin out the dip too much.
In an airtight container, this dip should last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
When you put out this dip and slice the apples, they want to immediately turn brown. To avoid that and make them look appetizing the whole time this dip is out, simple squeeze some lemon juice on the slices. This will keep the apples from turning brown and also add a little tang to the appetizer.
Other Recipes You'll Love
Did you love this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip ? I'd so appreciate it if you would give this recipe a 5 star review! That will help other hungry readers find my recipes!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- 16 oz Farmers Cheese
- ⅓ cup Kefir
- ⅓ cup Caramel
- Drain the Farmer's Cheese.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Process for 1 minute or until the dip is smooth.
- Top with more caramel and swirl. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- If you do not have Kefir on hand, whole milk or 2% milk will thin out the dip nicely.
- This dip is best served chilled. Allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.