An easy Summer treat, this Dairy Free Cherry Vanilla Sorbet is the perfect dessert to enjoy on those hot Summer nights! The freshest cherries and local honey take this sorbet over the top!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn small commission from qualifying purchases, however this is at no cost to you.
What's in this sorbet?
What is sorbet? Sorbet is a frozen dessert that consists of fruit and sugar, or some sort of sweetener. There is no dairy in sorbet. It's a popular Summer dessert because it uses the sweetest Summer fruit and doesn't require any churning, or baking on those hot Summer days. This is the perfect way to use up extra fruit that you have in the refrigerator, or if you see fruit at the farmers market that looks too good to pass up! In the Summer, we go berry picking, peach picking, and cherry picking and this is how we use up some of those extra fruits!
Honey- To sweeten this sorbet, I used honey. If you did not want to use honey, or wanted to make this 100% vegan, simply use sugar as a substitute. You could also use monk fruit sweetener, just lower the amounts a bit as monk fruit sweetener tends to be much sweeter than honey or sugar.
Cherries- In the Summer, cherries are readily available. To take the seeds out, you can purchase a tool like this one, or you could simply cut them in half and take the pit out. If you want to skip that part, frozen cherries would be great here too!
Vanilla- Use the best vanilla you can find! It's a key ingredient and you don't want that fake vanilla flavor. Pure vanilla extract is key!
Let's Make this Sorbet!
Time needed: 12 hours.
Let's Make Dairy Free Cherry Vanilla Sorbet!
- Blend all the ingredients together
In a blender, blend all the ingredients together. Blend them for 1 minute until they are completely pureed and smooth.
- Add them to a loaf pan
Pour the mixture from the blender into a loaf pan. Make sure your loaf pan is freezer safe, glass is a safe bet. It's ok if there is foam on top of the mixture, that happens because of the air from the blender mixes with the ingredients and causes a foam.
- Let it freeze!
Let the mixture freeze for four hours. After four hours, use a fork and break up any ice crystals. Mix the sorbet gently, but thoroughly, and freeze overnight, or for at least 6 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Questions about Sorbet?
You can make this recipe with any fruit you want! Sorbet is the easiest since it's no churn! Keep your ratio 2 cups of fruit to ½ cup of sweetener. It is also very easy to double or even triple! To make this vegan, use sugar or monk fruit sweetener. You could even use maple syrup! Frozen fruit can be substituted for fresh fruit if you don't have fresh fruit on hand!
- Add 2 cups of mango to ½ cup of sugar or honey and blend!
- Mix 2 cups of mixed berries and ½ cup of sugar or honey and blend!
- Try 2 cups of watermelon and ½ cup of sugar or honey and blend!
Keep it in the freezer in an airtight container and it will last for about 5 days in the freezer. Though I doubt it would last that long with how delicious it is! Make sure there is a lid so it doesn't get freezer burn. If you take it out of the freezer and it's a little hard, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up.
The lemon juice adds a bit of tang and citrus to the sweet sorbet. It balances out the sugar from the cherries and honey. If you aren't into lemon or don't want to use it, no worries! Don't add it, or instead add a bit of orange juice.
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give this Dairy Free Cherry Vanilla Sorbet a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey
- Lemon and Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Lemon Icing
- Orzo Pesto Pasta Salad
- Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad
Dairy Free Cherry Vanilla Sorbet
- 2 cups Cherries Cleaned and Pitted
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon, juiced about 1 tablespoon
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend for one minute until the mixture is smooth. Add the mixture to a glass loaf pan and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, take the sorbet out of the freezer and break it up with a fork. Mix the sorbet gently and place it back in the freezer for another 6 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, the sorbet is ready to be enjoyed!
- To make this vegan, use sugar, maple syrup, or agave instead of honey.
- Make sure to use pure vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla.
- Use a freezer safe pan to freeze the sorbet in. A glass loaf pan or a glass 8x8 pan to freeze the sorbet.