Indulge in a burst of flavor with our delightful blueberry muffins made effortlessly with the goodness of pancake mix. These moist, fluffy treats are bursting with juicy blueberries, making every bite a sweet symphony of tangy and sweet flavors!
There is nothing better than a recipe for easy muffins! These muffins were a big hit in my house! They are moist, fluffy, and full of blueberries!
My son ate tons of these easy muffins with a little smear of butter! They were so good and so light and fluffy. When you don't have muffin mix to make muffins, use pancake mix!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's easy to make! Your favorite pancake mix is the secret ingredient in these pancake mix muffins! Pancake mix has all purpose flour, leavening agents, salt, and a little sugar already in it. Take the help in the kitchen where you can get it!
- They are great for meal prep! Make a big batch of these muffins on the weekends and enjoy them on busy weekday mornings with some butter and maybe even a little maple syrup! It's an easy way to make sure you always have an easy breakfast ready for you every morning.
Ingredients for Blueberry Muffins with Pancake Mix
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy recipe!
- Pancake Mix. I always have Bisquick in my pantry. You can make so many delicious recipes besides pancakes! You can make peanut butter cookies with pancake mix, banana bread with pancake mix, savory breakfast casserole with pancake mix, coffee cake in a 9x13 inch pan, and even zucchini casserole with pancake mix!
- Sugar. To add some sweetness to the muffin batter.
- Melted Butter. I prefer melted butter in my muffins because I think they give the muffins that delicious, fluffy texture. You can use vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil, or even a light olive oil.
- Milk. Whole milk adds to the fluffy texture, but you can use 2% milk, almond milk, soy milk, or your favorite nondairy milk.
- Blueberries. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used in these blueberry pancake mix muffins. If you have some blueberries that are on their last leg, this is a great way to put those blueberries to good use and not waste them.
See printable recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step By Step Instructions
- Change up the mix ins! Instead of fresh blueberries, mix in chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, fresh fruit chopped up, or your favorite muffin ingredients.
- Add flavorings! Add vanilla extract or a bit of lemon zest into the pancake batter for some extra flavor.
- Add a topping! You can add a streusel topping like these apple streusel muffins, or a drizzle of icing like these pumpkin sourdough cookies.
Once the pancake muffins have cooled to room temperature on a wire rack, place them in an airtight container and keep them on the counter for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the muffins by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer bag. Take out a muffin as you would like and enjoy them throughout the month on busy mornings.
Can I Make These Muffins Without Pancake Mix?
For this recipe, you do need to use pancake mix. I have lots of muffin recipes that are made from scratch. Here are just a few:
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Banana Muffins with Self-Rising Flour
- Cranberry Walnut Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Pancake Mix FAQs
You can, but you might still want to add a little extra sugar to the batter as well.
Make sure to not overmix the batter and the fat in the batter will make sure the muffins stay moist. Don't use skim milk or skimp on the melted butter in these muffins.
More Blueberry Recipes
How To Make Blueberry Muffins With Pancake Mix
- 2 ½ cups Pancake Mix I used Bisquick
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 1 ½ cups Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pancake mix and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk, and melted butter to the large bowl. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold the blueberries into the muffin batter. Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown or a toothpick is inserted into the muffin and comes out clean.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries will work great in this recipe.
- Once the pancake muffins have cooled to room temperature on a wire rack, place them in an airtight container and keep them on the counter for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze the muffins by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer bag. Take out a muffin as you would like and enjoy them throughout the month on busy mornings.