Moist, full of flavor, and so easy to make, this Instant Pot Cornbread will be your new go to cornbread recipe! And the best part is, you never have to turn on the oven!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases, however this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links disclosure policy here.
In my house, this cornbread recipe has quickly become a family favorite! My daughter could eat this whole bread is I let her!
Is there anything better than some fluffy, moist cornbread dipped in your favorite chili or your favorite soup? This sweet cornbread is the perfect side dish or it's perfect on it's own!
You don't have to eat it with a soup either. Serve this homemade cornbread with your favorite flavored butter or a drizzle of honey from your local area!
Why You'll Love This Instant Pot Cornbread
- It's easy to make! No need to use a stand mixer or a hand mixer, the cornbread batter is mixed by hand and poured right into a springform pan.
- It has simple ingredients you probably already have in the house! With only 9 ingredients, you can make this recipe any day of the week.
- You don't have to turn on the oven! Whether you are making this in the warm months and you don't want to turn on the oven, or your oven is full of other recipes, this cornbread is made entirely in your Instant Pot!
Ingredients You'll Need
- All Purpose Flour
- Yellow Corn Meal
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vinegar or lemon juice- We are making our own buttermilk. If you have buttermilk on hand, feel free to use 1 cup of that.
- Butter- Melted and then cooled.
- Sugar- For a slightly sweet cornbread.
Equipment For Instant Pot Cornbread Recipe
- Instant Pot 6 or 8 quart
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 7 Inch Springform Pan
- Aluminum Foil
How To Make Instant Pot Cornbread
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornmeal. Set that aside. Spray the springform pan with nonstick cooking spray or wipe the springform pan with butter. In a liquid measuring cup, add the milk and vinegar. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the sugar, cooled melted butter, and egg. Mix well until fully combined. Add the milk and vinegar mixture and stir again.
Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix as this will create a tough cornbread.
Pour batter into the springform pan. Cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. The water will avoid the "burn notice" coming up on your Instant Pot. Place the springform pan on the Instant Pot trivet insert and carefully lower it into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Set the cook time to 50 minutes on "High Pressure". Natural release the pressure for 10 minutes once the cooking is done. If there is any remaining pressure, release the pressure manually. Carefully remove the cornbread from the Instant Pot.
There may be excess moisture on the aluminum foil, simply damp that with a paper towel to avoid getting burned. Allow the hot cornbread to cool on a wire rack. Run a knife around the outside of the cornbread in the springform pan and release the cornbread from the pan.
Serve this cornbread warm or at room temperature.
- Make it spicy! Add sliced jalapenos and shredded cheddar cheese to the cornbread to give it a little more spice!
- Add some veggies! Chop up broccoli and add 1 cup of chopped broccoli to the batter. Top with 1 cup of cheddar for a cheddar and broccoli cornbread.
- Add some texture! Corn kernels are a classic addition to cornbread. Add a corn of drained corn or a cup of frozen corn kernels to the batter.
- Make them mini! Use an egg bite molds and fill each of the molds with the cornbread batter. Pressure cook them on high pressure for 20 minutes and allow them to naturally release for 10 minutes. You'll need to do this in batches.
How To Store Leftover Cornbread
Any cornbread that is leftover should be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can eat the leftovers at room temperature, or you can cut a slice and toast it in the toaster oven for a few minutes. That will allow the butter to get nice and melted on your cornbread! That's my favorite way to eat it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Remove the cornbread from the springform pan and allow it to cool completely. Then wrap the cornbread in plastic wrap, place it in a Ziploc bag, and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes! If you don't have a springform pan, you can use a standard 7-inch cake pan. Butter the bottom and the edges well and then place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. This will allow the cornbread to come out of the pan easily.
Yes! Instead of placing the springform pan in the Instant Pot, place it in the oven! You don't have to cover it with aluminum foil if you are baking this cornbread in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
Other Recipes To Try!
Did you love this delicious Instant Pot Cornbread? If you did, don't forget to tag me on social media here on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Dinner Rolls
- Creamy Instant Pot Feta Pasta
- Instant Pot Carrot Cake
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Easy Instant Pot Cornbread
- Instant Pot 6 or 8 quart
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Milk Whole, 2%, or 1%
- 2 tablespoon White Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Melted Butter Cooled
- 1 cup Water For the bottom of the Instant Pot
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornmeal. Set that aside.
- Spray the springform pan with cooking spray or wipe the springform pan with butter.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add the milk and vinegar. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, cooled melted butter, and egg. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture and stir again.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix as this will create a tough cornbread.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the springform pan on the Instant Pot trivet insert and carefully lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and pressure cook on "high pressure" for 50 minutes. Naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cornbread from the Instant Pot and allow it to cool on a wire rack. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- One cup of buttermilk can be used instead of the milk and vinegar.
- If there is any leftover pressure built up in the Instant Pot after the 10 minute natural release, release the pressure manually.
- The butter should be cooled so it does not cook the egg when we are mixing all the ingredients together.