Full of fresh veggies, creamy feta cheese, and a homemade dressing, this Greek Pasta Salad with Penne Pasta is the perfect homemade side dish!
I am a huge fan of Greek salad! The delicious Greek seasoning and fresh veggies make the perfect meal! This is the best of both worlds, it's got all the flavors of Greek salad, while also being a Mediterranean pasta salad! I love Greek flavors. A great meatless Monday recipe is my Greek Pasta Bake that your family will love.
This is a great recipe for a Summer barbecue too! You can serve this salad hot, cold, or room temperature!
If you need some recipes to serve with pasta salad, make sure to check out all these delicious recipes in this what to serve with pasta salad roundup!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's a perfect main dish or side dish! Pasta salad is filling and full of protein and fresh veggies, so you can use it for a main dish or side! It's perfect for both!
- It's a for meal prep! Make a big bowl of pasta salad on the weekends and enjoy the it throughout the week!
- It's an easy recipe to make! This can be made with lots of different ingredients and is so easy to make!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Penne pasta. I am using whole wheat pasta, but any type of penne pasta will work.
- Vegetables. We are using English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), Kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts.
- Dressing ingredients. Olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Make sure to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for this dressing.
- Feta. Crumbled full fat feta is the best type of feta to use.
See printable recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How To Make Greek Pasta Salad with Penne Pasta
Fill a large pot with water and heat the water over medium-high heat. Add salt to the water once it boils. Add the pasta to the large pot of salted water and cook according to package directions.
- Add more fresh vegetables! Feel free to add red onion, green pepper, red bell pepper, black olives, or whatever your family's favorite fresh veggies are!
- Change up the protein! Instead of garbanzo beans, feel free to change it an use white cannellini beans, grilled chicken, canned tuna, or grilled steak!
- Change up the dressing! For this one, we are using red wine vinegar but fresh lemon juice, white wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar would work too! Balsamic vinegar will turn the pasta salad dark, but it will still be delicious!
- As a side for Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- With Chicken Burger with Spinach and Feta
- Alongside Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- As a side dish for Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin
- With Quinoa Grilled Vegetable Salad, Antipasto Pasta Salad, Bowtie Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing, and Orzo Pasta Salad.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. No need to reheat this pasta, it's perfect room temperature or cold!
Sure! You can use bowties, rotini, Cavatappi, or whatever your favorite shape of pasta is!
No! If you have a favorite Greek dressing from the bottle that you love, use that instead!
More Simple Pasta Salads
Greek Pasta Salad with Penne Pasta
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans Drained
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts Drained
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives Chopped
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup English Cucumbers Chopped
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning or Greek Seasoning
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set that aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with 2 tablespoons of salt. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, chop the vegetables and add them to the bowl with the dressing. Drain the chick peas and artichoke hearts and add them to the bowl.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain the pasta and run cold water over the pasta. Drain it well and add it to the bowl with the vegetables. Mix well to combine.
- Add the feta to the pasta mixture and mix again. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- The cold water will stop the pasta from cooking and prevent the pasta from being overcooked.
- Garnish this pasta salad with fresh parsley, fresh basil, and fresh chives if you would like.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.