Salty olives, fresh basil, and delicious marinated artichokes bring this cold 10 Minute Tuscan Tortellini Salad together in no time!
What Ingredients Do You Need?
Tuscan? What makes this Tuscan? Well! Antipasto is very popular in Tuscany as a first course so I incorporated a lot of parts of a delicious antipasto platter into this salad. This salad is also very versatile, so if you have other flavors you love, throw them in!
Tortellini- Cheese tortellini work perfectly here because they do not overpower all the other ingredients and are a great base for this pasta salad.
Mozzarella- Marinated mozzarella balls are easily found in the grocery store and add more flavorings and spice to the salad.
Salami- Pepperoni would be lovely here as well, but it does add extra spice to the salad. I have two kids who don't like spicy food, so salami it is! Deli salami works perfectly fine. You can also buy a log of salami and chop that into small bite sized pieces. Would work perfectly!
Black Olives- The salty, briny olives add a kick of salt and beautiful color to this salad.
Marinated artichokes- Artichokes add a delicious texture and flavor to this salad, and they are very classic Italian.
Let's Make the Salad!
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Make this 10 Minute Tuscan Tortellini Salad
- Cook the Tortellini
Boil a pot of water and cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Chop the Ingredients
While the tortellini cooks, drain the artichokes, olives, and marinated mozzarella and chop them into small, bite sized pieces. Add them to a large bowl. Chop the salami and add the chopped salami to the same bowl.
- Add the Tortellini
Once the tortellini is done cooking, drain it and run cold water over it to stop the cooking process. Add them to the bowl.
- Add the basil
Chop the basil and add that to the bowl.
- Add the dressing
Add the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder to the bowl.
- Mix well
Mix everything to combine. Serve immediately or allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours and to become cold. Either is delicious!
Variations of This Recipe
- Use flavored tortellini- Spinach and artichoke, four cheese, or even prosciutto and cheese would be delicious! There are so many different types of tortellini out these, don't be afraid to try a different flavor!
- Change up the cheese- Not a fan of mozzarella or don't have it on hand? Use parmesan shreds, asiago chunks, or even cubed white cheddar cheese!
- Add other flavors- Chopped spinach, sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, even marinated mushrooms would be wonderful in this salad. Add parsley, chives, or extra basil for a more herb forward flavor.
- Change up the dressing- If red wine vinegar isn't available, balsamic would be fantastic too. When it comes to balsamic though, because it is so dark, it does tend to tint the pasta salad a bit. If you don't mind that, go for balsamic! Your favorite Italian dressing would work here too!
Questions About This Recipe
Yes! The longer it sits in the refrigerator the more intense the flavors get so this is a perfect pasta salad to make ahead of time. Because the mozzarella is marinated it tends to soften as it sits. If you are going to make this ahead of time, add the mozzarella right before serving.
This will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
This is a perfect addition to any barbecue. You could make Chicken Burgers with Feta and Spinach as the main course and add the tortellini salad as a side. Because this is a heavier salad, you would want a lighter main course, like chicken, or grilled shrimp.
Other Recipes to Try
Did you give this 10 Minute Tuscan Tortellini Salad a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 10 Minute Four Bean Salad
- Lemon and Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Lemon Icing
- Instant Pot Peach Jam
- Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad
10 Minute Tuscan Tortellini Salad
- 2 Packages Cheese Tortellini 8 Ounces each
- 8 oz Marinated Mozzarella Balls Drained and chopped
- 1 Jar Marinated Artichokes 12 Ounces, chopped
- ½ Cup Black Olives Sliced
- ½ cup Salami Sliced
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- While the tortellini cooks, drain the marinated artichokes, black olives, and mozzarella balls.
- Chop the artichokes, black olives, mozzarella balls, and salami into small, bite sized pieces. Add them to a large bowl.
- When the tortellini is done cooking, drain the tortellini and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process and cool the tortellini down. Add the tortellini to the bowl.
- Chop the basil and add it to the bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- You can serve this salad at room temperature, or you could place it in the refrigerator to cool down and marinate for a few hours.
Leave a Reply