Nothing makes a house smell more amazing than a loaf of banana bread in the oven! Add some crunchy streusel topping and you've got this Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread that is heaven in a loaf pan!
What's in this Banana Bread?
In 2020, banana bread was all the rage. People were at home making sourdough bread and banana bread. I have to admit, I was on the sourdough train, still am. I have been making sourdough for about 3 years now, but it really amped up in 2020. When it comes to banana bread, I've been making that for way longer! This recipe was shared by my mom, no idea where she got it from. I've added a few things to make it my own and to enhance the recipe a little. That's the amazing thing about food, you can always make it your own.
Ingredients To Note
There's not many ingredients in this banana bread. You probably have most of them on hand at any given moment.
Bananas- Obviously, the main ingredient in this banana bread. Make sure the bananas are really brown and ripe. The browner the better. A quick tip for you! If you find yourself with brown bananas but aren't ready to make banana bread, just freeze the bananas in ziploc bags. Then, whenever you are ready to make banana bread, thaw a few and you are ready to go!
Flour- I used all purpose flour, King Arthur is my favorite, but you could use whatever you have in the house. Unbleached is the best quality to use, you don't want to have that bleached stuff in your cabinet if you can avoid it. When I make this, I sometimes substitute half of the all purpose flour for whole wheat flour and it works great. White whole wheat flour is a great option too!
Cinnamon- In order to get to Cinnamon Crunch banana bread we need some cinnamon! I add the cinnamon into the batter as well as on top in the streusel topping. Can you ever have too much cinnamon? I think not!
Streusel Topping- Gives it the "Crunch" on top! This streusel topping is the same one I use for my Sourdough Apple Streusel Muffins. It's just equal parts brown sugar, granulated sugar, and all purpose flour. Then add cinnamon and melted butter and you are good to go! It should be the consistency of thick sand. When you press it in your hands it should clump and then fall apart. It's so good!
How to Make This Banana Bread
First, you will want to butter a loaf pan. Here's a great one you can use. You don't want this bread to stick to the pan because it will be really hard and annoying to get out. Grab your bananas, peel them, and mash them in a bowl. I find it easy to use a fork or if you want to get really fancy and do this part really fast use a POTATO MASHER like this one! I know! Mind blown! Once that is done, combine all the dry ingredients for the bread and set that aside. Next, combine all the wet ingredients including the bananas in a different bowl. Mix everything well to combine. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix everything to just combine, try not to over mix. When everything is combined add the batter to the loaf pan. Next, top the bread with the streusel topping to get that "crunch" in this bread. Bake the bread for one hour. That seems like a lot, but this bread bakes slowly. After an hour, check the bread by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's done. If it still has a little bit of batter left, leave it in for a few more minutes.
This banana bread could easily be made into muffins if you want! Instead of greasing the loaf pan, grease muffin tins and divide the batter into the muffin tins. Then top with the streusel topping.
Check out these other recipes!
Let me know if you make any of these recipes! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook @lynnswayoflife !
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn small commission from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon Streusel Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅔ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas Very Ripe
- ½ Tbsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a loaf pan by spreading softened butter all over the inside.
- In a small bowl, peel the bananas and mash them very well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and melted butter. Mix well to combine. Add the eggs and whisk until everything is mixed together. Add the bananas and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix to combine. Do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the streusel topping ingredients. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the banana bread batter.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Check the banana bread after one hour. If it needs a little more time, place it back in the oven for another few minutes until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let the banana bread cool before slicing. Enjoy!