Ready in under 30 minutes, this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is a hearty and delicious weeknight dinner to make for the family!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. However this is at no cost to you. Read my affiliate links full disclosure policy here.
Taco stuffed peppers and chicken parm stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner to make, but they can be time consuming to make. This hearty soup is a great way to get all the flavors of stuffed peppers but in soup form.
This easy Instant Pot recipe is great with some homemade bread! Dip warm, crusty bread into this flavorful soup! I love dipping sourdough rolls, Instant Pot rolls, and sweet potato rolls right into the soup! When soup season comes around, this soup is a family favorite!
Ingredients To Gather
- Lean Ground Beef. 93/7 or 90/10 are good variations of fat to meat ratio. Too much fat and the soup will be too fatty.
- Beef broth. Use low sodium or homemade beef broth so the soup is not too salty.
- Olive oil. To saute the veggies in.
- Peppers. Red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, or a combination of green peppers and other peppers.
- Onions. For a little more flavor.
- Uncooked Rice. White rice will be cooked right in the soup.
- Italian Seasoning. For flavor.
- Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. If you can find low sodium, those would be best.
Equipment You'll Need
- Instant Pot- You'll need at least a 6 quart Instant Pot or the soup won't fit.
- Cutting Boards
How To Make Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Chop the bell peppers and onions. Press the saute function. Add the olive oil to the electric pressure cooker. Add the veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Place the ground beef to the Instant Pot and saute until brown. Stir to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
Add the remaining ingredients. Close the lid of the Instant Pot and make sure the lid is set to the sealing position.
Set the cooking time to 15 minutes on high pressure.
After 15 minutes, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release the remaining pressure. Make sure to be careful as the soup can come out the top of the lid.
- Change up the ground meat! You can use ground chicken or ground turkey if you would like to make the soup a little lighter. Italian sausage would also be great in this delicious soup!
- Change up the rice! You can use white rice or brown rice in this soup. If you want to use cauliflower rice, don't cook the soup as long or the cauliflower rice will be too mushy.
- Change up the broth! Use chicken broth or beef broth. If you have water or vegetable broth you can use that too.
Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
The next day, to reheat the soup, place the soup in a microwave safe bowl or on a pot on the stovetop. Cook until heated through and serve immediately.
You can freeze this soup too! If you are going to freeze it, leave out the rice. Frozen rice can be very mushy. Freeze the soup up to 3 months and when you are ready to serve, add some cooked rice right into the soup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Saute the veggies and ground beef on the stovetop over medium heat until the veggies are soft and the ground beef is brown. Add the veggies and meat to the crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
You can, but don't let the soup in the Instant Pot for too long. If the soup is left too long, you'll have mushy rice in the soup.
Yes! Saute the veggies and ground beef in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven. Saute until soft and the ground beef is brown. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Recipes
- Vegetable Barley Instant Pot Soup
- Instant Pot Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup, in the Instant Pot
- Loaded Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
Did you love this recipe? If you did, please leave a 5 ⭐️ rating below! Follow along on Instagram and Facebook!
Hearty Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers any color
- 1 large Onion
- 1 lb Ground Beef 90/10 or 85/15
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- ½ cup White Rice
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 ounce can, not drained
- 1 can Tomato Sauce 8 ounce can
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Chop the bell peppers and onions. Press the saute function on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil. Add the veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the ground beef to the Instant Pot and saute until brown. Stir to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot. Season with Italian Seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the rice, can of diced tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, and beef broth. Give the ingredients a stir.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the knob is set to the sealing position. Set the cook time to 15 minutes on high pressure.
- After the cooking is done, let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure. Serve with shredded cheese if you would like.
- The Instant Pot will take 8-10 minutes to come up to pressure, depending on how cold you broth is.
- Ground turkey, ground chicken, and ground Italian sausage will all be delicious in this soup.
- Keep leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply