These 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Bars are made with ripe bananas, hearty oats, and creamy peanut butter, these bars are perfect for an easy breakfast! Whether you need a grab-and-go breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up, this recipe has got you covered. Get ready to enjoy the irresistible flavors and wholesome goodness in every bite.
Oatmeal bars are the perfect breakfast to make on the weekends and enjoy them throughout the week! With only 3 simple ingredients, you can't go wrong with these bars.
Why You'll Love This Simple Recipe
- It's a super versatile recipe! You can add lots of delicious ingredients to these healthy oatmeal bars. More on that later!
- It's easy to make! Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and then bake it up! You can't beat how easy that is!
- It's a great way to get healthy ingredients in your kids! Since these taste delicious, the kids will eat them up! Plus these is no added sugar! The natural sweetness of the bananas is enough to give these bars a touch of sweetness.
3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Bar Ingredients
You only need a few basic ingredients for these bars!
- 3 Medium Bananas. You will need three overripe, spotty bananas.
- Oats. Old-fashioned oats or quick oats would work in this recipe. Do not use steel cut oats in these bars. The steel cut oats won't cook properly.
- Natural Peanut Butter. Your favorite variety of creamy, natural peanut butter.
See printable recipe card for full recipe information on ingredients and quantities.
- Change the nut butter! Almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, or a combination of peanut butter and other nut butters would be great!
- Add some nuts and seeds! Feel free to add a few tablespoons of chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, or your favorite healthy nut!
- Make this easy recipe into 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies! To do that, simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat, with a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes and let them cool to room temperature and serve!
- Add some sweetness! Add ¼ cup of maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, or a few tablespoons of honey to the batter.
Allow the bars to cool to room temperature and then place them in an even layer in an airtight container. Keep the sealed container on the counter for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze these bars! Place them in an even layer in a gallon sized Ziploc bag or a freezer safe container and freeze these 3 ingredient bars for up to 3 months.
As long as the oats you are using are certified gluten-free oats, then they will be gluten free!
These are soft granola bars instead of a hard, crunchy granola bar.
More Recipes To Try!
Simple 3-Ingredients Banana Oatmeal Bars
- 3 Bananas Brown and spotty
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 ½ cups Rolled Oats or Quick Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Let that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas well.
- Add the peanut butter and oatmeal to the bowl. Mix well until fully combined.
- Place the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before cutting.
- OPTIONAL- Melt ¼ cup of peanut butter and drizzle the melted peanut butter over the top of the bars.
- The bananas should be brown and spotty. That will give you the most sweetness from the fruit.
- Natural peanut butter works best, but if you don't have natural peanut butter, regular peanut butter will work too.
- Keep the bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Do not refrigerate the bars as they will go stale quickly.
- You can also freeze the bars. Allow the bars to cool to room temperature and then place them in a freezer safe container. Freeze them for up to 3 months.