Not sure what to do with that leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving? Make this simple Cranberry Mayonnaise! It's perfect to add to those turkey sandwiches with all that leftover turkey!
This cranberry mayonnaise recipe is a great way to repurpose that leftover cranberry sauce. Whether you made your own homemade cranberry sauce or you are using the canned cranberry sauce, either is delicious in this easy cranberry mayo spread!
Ingredients to Gather
- Lime. 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
- Leftover cranberry sauce.
What Type of Mayo is best?
You can use your favorite real mayonnaise. If you like making homemade mayonnaise, use that! If you like the taste and flavor of low-fat or fat free mayonnaise you can use 1 cup of that mayonnaise too.
Let's Make Cranberry Mayonnaise!
This recipe could not be easier! In a small bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix well to combine. You can serve this immediately or let it hang out in the refrigerator for a few hours before spreading it on sandwiches.
- Change up the acid! The acid brings brightness to the heavy mayo and cut the fat or the mayo. Cranberry and lime is a classic combination in my mind, but you can use lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or even red wine vinegar.
- Add zest! If you really love that acid flavor, feel free to add lime zest, orange zest, or lemon zest to the bowl.
- Add more cranberry sauce! If you have a lot of cranberry sauce or really love cranberry flavor, feel free to add as much cranberry sauce as you would like! Taste along the way and adjust according to your preference.
Keep this easy cranberry mayo in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Since it does have mayo in it, it's important that it stays cold all the time. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can serve this anywhere! You can serve it on a turkey sandwich with your Thanksgiving leftovers, on turkey burgers, on lettuce wraps, or just slathered on a slices of bread. The holidays aren't the only time of year to use this spread! If you make Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin you can use this as a condiment, or when you make sandwiches with leftovers.
To make this a super smooth sauce, blend it in the food processor. Add all the ingredients to the food processor and pulse it for 30 seconds and you'll have a really smooth, spreadable sauce.
The Easiest Cranberry Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Mayonnaise Your favorite variety
- ⅓ cup Cranberry Sauce Fresh or canned
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve on turkey sandwiches or turkey wraps.
- This cranberry mayonnaise will stay fresh for 4 days.
- Make sure to keep the cranberry mayo in the refrigerator when not using it.
- If you have a lot of cranberry sauce or really love cranberry flavor, feel free to add as much cranberry sauce as you would like! Taste along the way and adjust according to your preference.