Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour is so easy to make and ready in under an hour! It is moist, delicious, and perfect to enjoy all year! It's a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables too!
Quick bread recipes are the best types of breads to make! They are ready in under an hour and mostly made on one bowl! This zucchini bread is no different! I love making recipes with zucchini. It's so versatile and delicious! You can make zucchini casserole with Bisquick and even zucchini fritte!
The secret ingredient in this zucchini bread is self rising flour. You can make so many recipes with self rising flour, like pancakes with self rising flour, waffles with self rising flour, chocolate chip cookies with self rising flour, and even banana bread with self rising flour!
- Why You'll Love Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
- Ingredients to Gather
- Variations and Substitutions
- How To Make This Easy Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
- Tips and Tricks
- How To Store Zucchini Bread
- How To Freeze Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
- Recipe FAQs
- More Zucchini Bread Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
Why You'll Love Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
- It's so easy to make! This easy zucchini bread is all about simplicity, thanks to the superhero that is self-rising flour. Just gather your ingredients, mix, and bake!
- It's create for breakfast or a snack! Got a hankering for something sweet? This recipe takes a mere 15-20 minutes to prep and another 20-30 minutes to bake. Perfect for satisfying those sudden cravings or for a quick on the go breakfast. Just like sourdough discard zucchini muffins, you can enjoy this recipe any time of day!
- It's great for meal prep! Life's unpredictable, but your zucchini bread doesn't have to be. Prep this beauty up to 3 months in advance, freeze it, and enjoy this homemade goodness whenever you please.
Ingredients to Gather
- Self rising flour. You can easily find self rising flour in your local grocery store, but you can also make your own homemade self rising flour. You can't use all purpose flour in this recipe. There's a big difference between self rising flour vs all purpose flour. Only self rising flour will work in this recipe.
- Grated zucchini. One large zucchini or two medium. You'll want about 2 cups of grated zucchini. No need to peel them. The skin is very soft on zucchini so it can be added to the batter too.
- Sugar. Both granulated sugar and brown sugar will be added to the batter.
- Honey. Might seem strange to add honey, but honey makes this zucchini bread super moist and delicious.
- Spices. Cinnamon will all be added to the zucchini bread batter. Nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and even vanilla extract can all be added to your liking.
See printable recipe card for full recipe information on ingredients and quantities.
Variations and Substitutions
- Add some nuts! Add one cup chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or even peanuts to add to the batter of this delicious zucchini bread. You can even add some seeds like chia seeds, flaxseeds, or sunflower seeds
- Add some chocolate chips! I love adding chocolate chips to all quick breads. It adds a sweet treat and it will get the kids will love eating chocolate chip zucchini bread too!
- Add some citrus! I love making lemon and blueberry zucchini bread because the lemon adds a delicious zing to the bread! You can also zest some oranges or even limes to add to the batter.
- Add some fruit! Throw in a handful of dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, shredded coconut or chopped apricots. They bring a natural sweetness and chewiness to every bite.
- Make a swirl! Take your zucchini bread to the next level by swirling in a layer of cream cheese. It adds a rich and creaminess to the moistness of the bread.
- Change the flour! To add some more nuttiness, add some whole wheat flour. You will have to add some more baking powder or baking soda to the batter to make up for the extra flour. Just keep that in mind!
How To Make This Easy Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
Tips and Tricks
- Drizzle the zucchini bread with a sweet glaze or topping with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Do not overmix the batter. It won't be completely smooth, there will be a few lumps left in that batter, and that is ok!
- Make sure the zucchini bread cools before slicing. If you cut into the bread while it is too hot the bread will likely fall apart and you won't get the texture you desire.
- If the top of the bread starts browning too quickly, cover with a little bit of aluminum foil while the rest of the bread bakes.
- Parchment paper can be lined in the loaf pan to make sure that the zucchini bread does not stick. It will also make it easier to lift out of the loaf pan.
- This recipe needs self-rising (or self-raising) flour. All purpose flour will not work. You will have to add baking powder or baking soda to the batter.
How To Store Zucchini Bread
This easy zucchini bread recipe should never be refrigerated once baked. It will go stale and mold quickly. The best way to store it is at room temperature.
The best way to keep it fresh is to keep the loaf in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container on the counter. It will stay fresh up to 4 days.
How To Freeze Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
It's really easy to freeze zucchini bread too! Once the loaf is cooled, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and place it in a Ziploc bag. Freeze the loaf up to 3 months. When you are ready to use it, take it out and let it defrost on the counter.
Yes! You can easily double this recipe. Add the batter to two prepared loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Sure! Just like these banana muffins with self rising flour, you can scoop the batter into a muffin tin lined with muffin liners. Bake for 20-22 minutes at 375 degrees F.
No! The extra moisture in the zucchini adds to the moist texture and flavor in this simple zucchini bread.
The Best Zucchini Bread with Self Rising Flour
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour Must be self rising flour
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Shredded Zucchini 1 large zucchini, or 2 medium zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, honey, vanilla extract, melted butter, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the self rising flour and cinnamon to the large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add the shredded zucchini to the bowl and mix until just combined. It's ok if there are a few lumps left in the batter.
- Add the zucchini bread batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the zucchini bread to cool completely before cutting.
- There is no need to peel the zucchini. Use a box grater to grate the zucchini with the peel on. You won't even notice it!
- You MUST use self-rising flour with this recipe. All purpose flour will not work as there are no leavening agents in the recipe without self rising flour.
- Use parchment paper to line the loaf pan to make it easier to remove the baked zucchini bread from the loaf pan.