Creamy and full of chocolatey Oreos, this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is an amazing dessert to make in the Summer when you don't want to turn on the oven, or in the winter when you need a quick and easy dessert sitting in your refrigerator ready to be eaten!
What's In These Cheesecakes?
There are only six ingredients in this dessert, so it cones together pretty fast.
Oreos- Most important, we have Oreos! Oreos make up the crust of these cheesecakes as well as the cheesecake layer. I used regular Oreos, but you could use gluten free Oreos if you wanted or any of the other flavors they have out now.
Cream Cheese- Full fat cream cheese makes these cheesecakes stay together better. Don't use fat free or low fat cream cheese as they have a higher water content and the cheesecakes will not stay together as well. There is no egg in these so they don't have anything besides the fat from the dairy to keep them together.
Heavy Cream- Heavy cream is the other agent in these that keep them together. We will whip the heavy cream so it turns into whipped cream and holds the cheesecakes together.
How Do We Make These Cheesecakes?
First, grab a pack of Oreos. Take 24 of them and add them to a food processor. Process them for 1-2 minutes until the Oreos have turned to crumbs. Take out a ½ cup of the Oreo crumbs and set them aside. In the meantime, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. When the Oreos have all turned to crumbs, add the butter to the food processor and process for another minutes. The crumbs should look like wet sand.
Add the muffin liners to the muffin tin. Take a spoonful of the crumbs and add it to the bottom of each muffin tin. Use the back of an ice cream scoop or spoon to pack the crumbs down. You want the crumbs to be packed well into the muffin liners. Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator while we make the cream cheese filling.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, place the block of cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer if you are not using a stand mixer. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add ¼ cup of heavy cream and vanilla and beat on high for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the heavy cream and beat for another 2 minutes.
After all the heavy cream is added, add the reserved Oreos and gently mix them into the cream cheese mixture with a spoon. Spoon the cream cheese filling into each of the prepared muffin liners. Cover the muffin tin with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight to allow the cream cheese to set. Serve with whipped cream or more Oreos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely! If you wanted to do that I might add a few more Oreos to the crust base to bulk it up. When you are making a full pie you don't want to skimp on the crust. A full pie would be a great idea!
I would not recommend making these without the liners. I think they would stick to the pan and would be hard to get out. Muffin liners help them keep their shape and there are so many different and fun types of liners out there, you can change it up for every different occasion!
Absolutely! If you wanted to make this no bake cheesecake recipe but without Oreos, substitute graham crackers for the Oreos in the base. Don't put Oreos in the cheesecake portion and either leave it plain or add whatever you favorite filling would be. Sprinkles, M&Ms, or caramel sauce to name a few! The possibilities are endless!
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give this recipe a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and let me know (@Lynnswayoflife) !
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn small commission from qualifying purchases.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 8 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- ¼ cup Sugar Granulated
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Oreos Reserved from the crust
- 24 Oreos
- 4 tbsp Butter Melted
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until the Oreos have turned into crumbs. Take out ½ cup of Oreos and set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add them to the food processor. Process the crumbs and butter until it turns into the consistency of wet sand.
- Place the muffin liners in the muffin tin and evenly spoon the Oreos crumbs into the liners. With the back of a wooden spoon or the back of an ice cream scoop, press the crumbs into the liners so the crumbs are packed in. When all the muffin liners are prepared, place the muffin tin in the refrigerator.
To Make the Cream Cheese Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add ¼ cup of the heavy cream as well as the vanilla. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the heavy cream and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the muffin liners evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or overnight to allow the cheesecakes to set.
- Serve cold with whipped cream or more Oreos.