- 3 Large Mangoes Ripe
- 1 Small Red Onion or ½ large red onion
- 8 Mini Peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Habanero Pepper
- ¼ cup Cilantro Fresh
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt Plus more if you prefer
Clean the red onion and cut it into chunks.
Cut the stem off the mini peppers and clean out any seeds. Cut them into chunks and add them to the bowl of the food processor.
With gloves on, cut the stem off the habanero pepper and remove the seeds and white membrane inside. Place the habanero in the food processor.
Pulse 8-10 times until they are minced. Add the cilantro and pulse 5 more times. Add the mixture to a large bowl.
Peel the mangoes with a vegetable peeler and then place them on a cutting board. Cut the mango flesh off the pit and cut the mango into small chunks. Add the mango to the bowl with the peppers.
Squeeze the lime into the bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Taste the salsa and season with more salt if necessary.
- For best flavor, refrigerate the salsa for a few hours before serving.
- Be VERY careful when working with habanero peppers. If you can, wear gloves and make sure to wash your hands well with soap and water. Do not touch your eyes or face after you have cut the pepper as it will irritate your face.
- To make this less spicy, use jalapeno, serrano, or your favorite hot sauce instead of a habanero pepper.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1473IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg