One Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Lean chicken breast, healthy broccoli, fiber filled whole wheat pasta, and extra cheese makes this dinner satisfying and a family favorite!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast 2 cups chopped
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 ½ cups Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 3 cups Chopped Broccoli 2 heads
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 lb Pasta Any variety
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Wash the broccoli and chop it into bite sized pieces. Set that aside.
In a large pan that has a fitted lid, add the olive oil and chopped chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until the chicken breasts pieces are browned.
Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and dry mustard to the pan. Stir everything to combine and season again with salt and pepper.
Add the pasta to the pan, lower the heat to medium, and stir so most of the pasta is submerged. Cover for five minutes.
After five minutes, add the broccoli to the pan and cover again for four more minutes.
Add the cheddar to the pan and stir until the cheddar is completely melted. Top with more cheddar if you would like and serve immediately.
- Frozen broccoli can be substituted for fresh broccoli
- Do not overcook the chicken when you are sautéing it. It will cook for another 10 minutes when the pasta is cooking.
- If you don't have heavy cream, whole milk can be substituted, or you can leave it out and increase the amount of chicken broth.
Calories: 489kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 28gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 638mgPotassium: 567mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 733IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 251mgIron: 2mg