Instant Pot Apple Butter
Instant Pot Apple Butter is a must make this Fall with fresh picked apples! It is full of warm and cozy spices, yet sweet enough to eat with a spoon! Slather it on scones, bagels, English muffins, or swirl it into oatmeal!
- 3 lb Apples about 10 small apples, or 6 large
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Apple Cider
- ½ teaspoon Salt
Wash the apples and cut them into pieces, discarding the cores. No need to peel. The apple peels will melt away under the pressure of the Instant Pot.
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to get the apples coated in the spices.
Close the Instant Pot and set it on "HIGH" for 15 minutes.
Once the cooking is complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 15 minutes.
Open the lid and with an immersion blender, carefully blend the apples until it is to your desired consistency. Allow the apple butter to cool and then store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Gala or Fuji are my favorite apples to use. Golden delicious, ginger gold, or Macintosh would work as well. If you want to use Granny Smith, add more maple syrup to the recipe to counteract the tartness of the apples.
- Honey, brown sugar, or granulated sugar would be substitutes for maple syrup.
- The apple butter will thicken as it cools, so no need to add any sort of thickening agent to the recipe.
Calories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 119mgPotassium: 186mgFiber: 4gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 78IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg