Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Ready in under 30 minutes and using only 10 ingredients, this Quinoa Grilled Vegetable Salad is a healthy addition to any Summer dinner!
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa Rinsed
- 3 cups Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 1 large Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- ¾ cups Balsamic Vinegar Separated into ¼ and ½ cups
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Fresh Basil
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Cook the quinoa according to package instructions using the chicken broth as the liquid it cooks in.
While the quinoa cooks, cut the zucchini and red bell peppers into four strips each (see picture in post). Cut the red onion into four rounds and place them all in a Ziploc bag. Add ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar and allow the vegetables to marinate for 5 minutes.
Take the vegetables out of the Ziploc bag and grill them for 5 minutes on each side.
When the vegetables are done grilling, place them on a cutting board and chop them into bite sized pieces. Place them in a large bowl.
Add the cooked quinoa to the large bowl with the vegetables.
Chop the basil and add the basil to the bowl with the quinoa and vegetables.
Add the olive oil and rest of the balsamic vinegar to the bowl and mix everything to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with the mozzarella pearls. Allow the salad to cool, or serve the salad at room temperature.
- To make this vegan, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and do not add the mozzarella.
- If you cannot find mozzarella pearls, chop fresh mozzarella into bite sized pieces.
- Use low sodium chicken broth so you can control the amount of salt that is added to the salad.
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 9gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 421mgPotassium: 407mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 695IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 2mg