Chicken and Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad
Creamy and full of bacon, this chicken and bacon caesar pasta salad is a perfect addition to any barbecue menu! Easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes, this pasta salad doesn't get easier!
- 2 Heads of Romaine Washed and Chopped
- 1 lb Pasta shape of your choice
- 6 Strips of Bacon Your favorite kind
- 2 Chicken Breasts Large, about 1.5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing Your favorite variety
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Plus more for topping
- Croutons (Optional)
Chop and wash the romaine hearts and place the pieces in a large bowl.
Boil water and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
When the pasta is done cooking, use a colander to drain the pasta. Run cold water over the pasta to stop the cooking and to cool off the pasta. Add the pasta to the bowl with the romaine.
Cook the strips of bacon until crispy. Once crispy, pat the bacon grease off with a paper towel and set the bacon aside.
Cut the chicken breasts into one inch pieces. Lightly oil a sauté pan and place the diced chicken into the pan. Add the Italian seasoning and granulated garlic. Cook 10 minutes on medium high and sauté until the chicken is completely cooked. Take the chicken out of the pan and place it on a plate. Set that aside.
Add the chicken and shredded parmesan to the bowl. Crumble the bacon into the bowl. Top with the Caesar dressing. Toss everything together until completely combined.
Right before you are ready to serve, top with croutons and more shredded parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite type of bacon, Applewood or thick cut would be delicious.. Avoid maple bacon or flavored bacon, as that would overpower the salad.
Calories: 533kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 25gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 635mgPotassium: 420mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 702IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 2mg