Ready in under 20 minutes, this Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad uses all the amazing vegetables and herbs that are growing in your garden or you can find at your local farmer's market.
What's in this Recipe?
Utilize the freshest possible vegetables available at your farmer's market or what you are growing your garden!
Cucumbers- I used English cucumbers because they are my kids favorites. No need to worry about seeds with them. If you can't find English cucumbers, use whatever cucumbers you have! Feel free to peel them too if the skin is too thick.
Cherry tomatoes- There are so many different types and colors of cherry tomatoes, use your favorite! If you think that larger tomatoes look better at the market, use a larger tomato but cut it into bite sized pieces.
Peppers- I like the rings of the small, sweet bell peppers, but regular sized bell peppers work too. If you can find red, yellow, or orange ones use those as they tend to be sweeter than green ones.
Pasta- Farfalle, rotini, even penne works in this salad. Once again, pick your favorite! Chick pea pasta or gluten free pasta would be great in this salad as well.
Herbs- Basil and parsley are what I have in my garden at the moment, but chives, basil, parsley, even fresh oregano would be amazing.
Let's Make This Recipe!
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Let's Make this Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad
- Cook the Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once it is cooked, drain the pasta in a colander and run cold water over it. This will stop the cooking process. Set the pasta aside.
- Chop the vegetables
Chop the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and sweet peppers into bite sized pieces. Place them in a large bowl.
- Chop the Mozzarella and Herbs
Chop the fresh mozzarella and herbs and add them to the bowl with the chopped vegetables.
- Make the vinaigrette
In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup of red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic, and 1 teaspoon of dried oregano. Set that aside.
- Mix everything together
Add the pasta and the vinaigrette to the bowl with the vegetables and cheese bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything to combine. Refrigerate before serving. Enjoy!
Questions about this Recipe?
If you did not want to use a vinaigrette, a ranch dressing would work. Balsamic vinegar could be substituted for the red wine vinegar as well. Check out this recipe for Chicken and Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad for another amazing pasta salad recipe!
It will last in the refrigerator for up to a week. The longer it sits in the refrigerator the more the flavors meld together!
Definitely! Leave out the mozzarella and it's a delicious vegan pasta salad!
Yes! Add chopped broccoli, diced zucchini, or diced yellow squash. Use whatever looks good at your famer's market or in your garden when you want to make this!
Other Recipes to Try!
Did you give this Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and share this recipe on Pinterest! And don't forget to check out some other drool worthy recipes below! Thanks for sharing this journey with me and enjoy these delicious recipes!
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey
- Lemon and Blueberry Zucchini Bread with Lemon Icing
- Orzo Pesto Pasta Salad
- 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites
Garden Vegetable and Herb Pasta Salad
- 1 box Pasta your favorite shape
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes 1 ½ cups chopped
- 1 large English Cucumber 1 ½ cups chopped
- 10 Mini Sweet Peppers 1 ½ cups chopped
- 1 Ball Fresh Mozzarella an 8 ounce ball
- ½ cup Fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To Make the Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and run the cooked pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set it aside.
- Chop the cucumber, peppers, and cherry tomatoes into bite sized pieces. Place them in a large bowl.
- Chop the fresh mozzarella and herbs and place them in the bowl with the vegetables.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, red wine vinegar, granulated garlic, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the vegetables. Top with the vinaigrette and mix everything to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate the salad before serving.